• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Firearms Information

allingeneral

imported post

Please take a moment to check out the new Virginia Gun Owners Forum. I have created this new forum to provide another place where we can all come together and discuss things that are important to us regarding our firearms - not just open carry, but *anything* to do with your firearms.

OpenCarry.org is a great place with a lot of good discussion. I don't want to take anything away from this place - quite the contrary, I plan to contribute here as time goes on; as I immerse myself deeper into the Grass Roots fight to keep our Second Amendment rights alive. Every voice counts!

That said, I would like to introduce you to a broader "Firearms in Virginia" message board where there are several topics and categories for discussion. I have started by posting clear links and instructions regarding current Virginia Code as well as links and information about obtaining your Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP). This is only the beginning!

Thanks for your time. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Rick

TFred

imported post

Sadly, it's only a matter of time before someone at Google figures out your content, and shuts down your AdSense account. Last I checked, (and please correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't verify this today) their policy disallows any web pages related to firearms.

TFred

allingeneral

imported post

TFred wrote:
Sadly, it's only a matter of time before someone at Google figures out your content, and shuts down your AdSense account. Last I checked, (and please correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't verify this today) their policy disallows any web pages related to firearms.

TFred
Ah, that's an excellent point. I need to get that out of there.

I recall running into this several years ago. This is not a new thing with Google. When I first started http://all-in-general.com (early 2005), I had BB guns and firearm accessories. They wouldn't let me list my products in Froogle then either - so in an effort to get my store off the ground, I removed all of the offending items from my store so that I could get into froogle. Now I don't care about Froogle :)

Thanks for the heads' up/reminder on this.

TFred

imported post

allingeneral wrote:
TFred wrote:

TFred
Ah, that's an excellent point. I need to get that out of there.

I recall running into this several years ago. This is not a new thing with Google. When I first started http://all-in-general.com (early 2005), I had BB guns and firearm accessories. They wouldn't let me list my products in Froogle then either - so in an effort to get my store off the ground, I removed all of the offending items from my store so that I could get into froogle. Now I don't care about Froogle :)

Thanks for the heads' up/reminder on this.
No problem! Hate to see your account get shut down, if you have other sites that use it. OCDO had the same problem from what I have read on past postings.

TFred

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Just an FYI: you might want to take a look at:

Title 59.1 Trade and Commerce
Chap. 31 Prizes and Gifts Act, §§ 59.1-415 — 59.1-423
Virginia Code § 59.1-415 et. seq.

There are technical restrictions on how you can do a "free offer" thing, and I suggest it might be worth your while to rewrite the splash page a little.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sorry, but I'm not joining a forum (registering) until I get a chance to see the forum and decide if it's worthy of me, and vice versa.

Not being able to browse makes me suspicious.

stay safe.

skidmark

allingeneral

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Sorry, but I'm not joining a forum (registering) until I get a chance to see the forum and decide if it's worthy of me, and vice versa.

stay safe.

skidmark

That doesn't sound right. I need to look at the config and get that fixed right after I get home from son's football practice. Non-members should be able to browse the entire forum.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

allingeneral wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark

That doesn't sound right. I need to look at the config and get that fixed right after I get home from son's football practice. Non-members should be able to browse the entire forum.
I was just there and was able to browse the forum.

allingeneral

imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
allingeneral wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark

I was just there and was able to browse the forum.
Thanks for checking it out Wolf_shadow. I just logged out and visited as an unregistered user and was able to view everything that I clicked.

skidmark - is there a specific area you tried to visit that would not allow you in?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Your link was to the announcements page, which goes nowhere. I did not bother to look for a tab to "Forums".

Now that I took some time, I found the tab. Yes, I can browse without registering.

Might want to fix your link so it directs folks to the Forums instead of the Announcements page.

stay safe.

skidmark