• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New flag

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I'm going to start flying this flag. For those of you who don't know, the words are "Molon Labe". Just google it, and you'll understand. The flag is a touch crude, but it carries a strong message.

ETA:

It has come to my attention that some people think I have defaced an American Flag. This is not the case. It is scratch made. Those who know me, know that nothing much gets me angrier than seeing the Union Flag flying torn and tattered on someones staff. I won't wear a t-shirt with a likeness of the flag, because it's against code. The sight of the window flags for cars makes me mad. Those are also against code. Emblems such as that of Bank of America's are against code. I don't take these things lightly. I made this flag from scratch, not from an existing flag. It's length to height ratio is incorrect according to U.S. flag code. The colors are incorrect. The size of the union is also incorrect. I did these things purposely, so that it would not adhere to the code. I used the 13 stripes as a reference to the original 13 colonies, and the principles they conformed to while founding the United States. Those principles have been seriously eroded over our time. Flag code states that the Union Flag is only to be flown upside down in times of distress. I won't fly my Union Flag upside down just yet, but I feel that the time to do so isn't far off. Between the erosion of principle values, and the new administrations policies, I have chosen to place my "union" on the lower side of my flag, indicating distress. Technically, it is not upside down, as it was made this way, but reference is clear. I love my country, I love the founding principles, and I have nothing but respect for the soldiers who defend my right to speak my mind. I will not apologize for any anger the image may have sparked, because it likely stems from a misunderstanding. That passion, and love for your country, is what this flag is supposed to appeal to. It is nothing more than a passive defiance against my governments attempt to usurp my rights, and I fly it in the spirit of freedom.