• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time open carry!

IYAAYAS

imported post

Hi all, I’m new to the forum and just bought my first handgun. After finishing reading the “Arizona Gun Owners Guide” I took a trip to some local stores and I gotta say it’s nice to be in a gold star state. From two Wal-Marts, a Frys food a drug, and Petsmart, walking around OC went as expected… without incident! (all around 75[sup]th[/sup] ave and the 10)

I have to admit, after being stationed in England for 4 years, I felt like I was doing something illegal just buy purchasing a firearm LOL. If my public encounters continue to be like the last I’m sure I’ll get over that feeling quick. I look forward to talking to you all in the forum or on the street, laters.

P.S. Just incase you were wondering what I bought, It’s a Sig P250 9mm compact with a Blackhawk SERPA holster.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Jeeziz... another BB Stacker... no float type. IYAOYAS! Bro.

Yeah... goin' heeled is natch'rul. No hassles... Now 'n then a Kommiefornian or one of them from back east will :what:'n might say somethin... but otherwise never.

inhoc_z28

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:

Yeah... goin' heeled is natch'rul. No hassles... Now 'n then a Kommiefornian or one of them from back east will :what:'n might say somethin... but otherwise never.

I dont have any idea what you just said!!! lol... "Goin' heeled is natch'rul." Not to be rude or disrespectful, BUT, I'm pretty sure only 1 out of 4 words in that "sentence" are real words... Heeled?? natch'rul??I know the south uses some funny words, but wow?? BB Stacker?? (are you refering to a 9mm?) No float type?? Just curios... thanx... and Congrats to the OP on the new pistol and new experience!!

PS: I'll hopefully be going to school in Arizona next year. Its nice to hear that AZ is such a gun-friendly place!!

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

It's because you were in England to long. :lol:

He said that is natural to to open carry here in Arizona, sometimes you may encounter someone from California that may say something other than that you will be living the dream...

I added a few words :D

GWbiker

imported post

IYAAYAS wrote:
Hi all, I’m new to the forum and just bought my first handgun. After finishing reading the “Arizona Gun Owners Guide” I took a trip to some local stores and I gotta say it’s nice to be in a gold star state. From two Wal-Marts, a Frys food a drug, and Petsmart, walking around OC went as expected… without incident! (all around 75[sup]th[/sup] ave and the 10)

I have to admit, after being stationed in England for 4 years, I felt like I was doing something illegal just buy purchasing a firearm LOL. If my public encounters continue to be like the last I’m sure I’ll get over that feeling quick. I look forward to talking to you all in the forum or on the street, laters.

P.S. Just incase you were wondering what I bought, It’s a Sig P250 9mm compact with a Blackhawk SERPA holster.
Welcome back to the land of the free. I guess you saw first hand the gun restrictions in England.

Enjoy your OC experiences in Arizona. There are many people in other states who envy us.

inhoc_z28

imported post

Crossfire Jedi wrote:
It's because you were in England to long. :lol:

He said that is natural to to open carry here in Arizona, sometimes you may encounter someone from California that may say something other than that you will be living the dream...

I added a few words :D
OOO, I get it now. lol. I'm sick and have not got much sleep lately. Thanx

Sonora Rebel

imported post

inhoc_z28 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

I dont have any idea what you just said!!! lol... "Goin' heeled is natch'rul." Not to be rude or disrespectful, BUT, I'm pretty sure only 1 out of 4 words in that "sentence" are real words... Heeled?? natch'rul??I know the south uses some funny words, but wow?? BB Stacker?? (are you refering to a 9mm?) No float type?? Just curios... thanx... and Congrats to the OP on the new pistol and new experience!!

PS: I'll hopefully be going to school in Arizona next year. Its nice to hear that AZ is such a gun-friendly place!!
The OP's handle is 'IYAAYAS'.... which identifies him as an Air Force 'Ammo' type. A 'BB Stacker'. Also 'Cannon Cocker, Gun Plumber, Red Shirt or Ordie'. No float... meaning he's not Navy. I was Aviation Ordnance (Navy). Our motto is IYAOYAS: If You Ain't Ordnance You Ain't S#%t! Substitute the "O" for "A"... Ammo.

They're all 'real words'... y'all just don't speak the language.

IYAAYAS

imported post

Rebel, LOL don’t worry man I knew what you were talking about. I could not help but laugh when you called me a BB stacker (I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised to find other Ammo/Ordnance troops on this forum). Thx for the warm welcome everyone.

Just as an update, still no bad experiences with OC but on a side note what is up with Costco (“No Weapons”)

-IYAAYAS

Michigander

imported post

I like Costco, but in AZ, they have those damn no weapons signs, so I didn't go there when I lived in Phoenix. Instead I usually opted to go to Fry's, Safeway, Sears and Cabelas. I'll be doing more of the same when I move back.

Edit: I just did some research, and found out it's a nation wide company rule. I didn't know that, because I can't carry to one in Michigan anyway since they sell alcohol. I guess I'm never going back to Costco. :cuss:

IYAAYAS

imported post

GWbiker,

Funny you mention that, gun rights are the first thing drunk Brits want to talk about when you go to the pub. From my experience they are a mixed lot on the issue and you can usually get the anti’s to shut up when you mention someone get shot in London practically every day. Hehe I guess an unarmed populace really does not stop gun crime.

-IYAAYAS

GWbiker wrote:
Welcome back to the land of the free. I guess you saw first hand the gun restrictions in England.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Oddly enuff... I find 'gun rights' to be a topic whenI run into Brits 'n Irish in Tombstone. Aussies as well.Some ofAussies claim to have 'em... they just don't advertise it.

Dahwg

imported post

Welcome to the forum, and of course to the land of the free and home of all things Arizonan! You know we have it good here. Join us at arizonadefensegroup.com as well. Most of us are on this board most of the time, but Jedi started that one so that we can include our CC brothers in arms as well.

My favorite thing to tell the brits that bring up the RTKBA issue is simply this...

"You are a subject, I am a citizen. It's a citizen thing, you wouldn't understand."

:shock:

Also consider joining the AZCDL great group that helps us keep and restore our rights in AZ.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
Welcome to the forum, and of course to the land of the free and home of all things Arizonan! You know we have it good here. Join us at arizonadefensegroup.com as well. Most of us are on this board most of the time, but Jedi started that one so that we can include our CC brothers in arms as well.

My favorite thing to tell the brits that bring up the RTKBA issue is simply this...

"You are a subject, I am a citizen. It's a citizen thing, you wouldn't understand."

Also consider joining the AZCDL great group that helps us keep and restore our rights in AZ.
There are those in the Federal government who would have us relegated to 'subjects' as well... applauded by the fellow traveler toadies in the MSM and elsewhere.

Dahwg

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Dahwg wrote:

There are those in the Federal government who would have us relegated to 'subjects' as well... applauded by the fellow traveler toadies in the MSM and elsewhere.

Those would be the same forces that seek to infringe our God-given right to self-defense. Self preservation is the first law of nature. Rams have horns, rabbits have speed, skunks have stink and I have wits and a gun. Seems very natural to me.

They cannot subjugate an armed citizenry.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
Those would be the same forces that seek to infringe our God-given right to self-defense. Self preservation is the first law of nature. Rams have horns, rabbits have speed, skunks have stink and I have wits and a gun. Seems very natural to me.

They cannot subjugate an armed citizenry.

They're playin' a 911 tape of an armed intruder in some womans house in Florida (on the tube). He has a knife. He is a known sex offender. She's screamin' into the phone... the 911 Op is tellin' her... keep away from him... The FOX talkin' heads are doin' the 'Ain't it awful' routine. NOBODY is suggesting the obvious. The Brinks Alarm commercials are the worst... but they reenforce the 'victimhood'. Too bad Colt, S&W or any of the gun mfgs can't run commercials to counter this victimhood mentality. We've become a nation of helpless candyassess.

Don't let that become the norm in Arizona. Understand who you vote for and what they represent. Carry your weapon(s) proudly.

inhoc_z28

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
inhoc_z28 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

The OP's handle is 'IYAAYAS'.... which identifies him as an Air Force 'Ammo' type. A 'BB Stacker'. Also 'Cannon Cocker, Gun Plumber, Red Shirt or Ordie'. No float... meaning he's not Navy. I was Aviation Ordnance (Navy). Our motto is IYAOYAS: If You Ain't Ordnance You Ain't S#%t! Substitute the "O" for "A"... Ammo.

They're all 'real words'... y'all just don't speak the language.
You sir are correct.!! But, thanks for letting me know what all that means. Thats pretty interesting. I had no idea!!!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Oh.... 'Heeled' is a very old 'westernism'... meaning to be armed.

It comes from cockfighting: to arm (a gamecock) with spurs.

curtm1911

imported post

Heeled....... I am VERY WELL HEELED, let the BG guess what I'm heeled with at ANY GIVEN TIME...Come and Get Some, That is if he wants some after he sees my OC 1911........if the situation continues after the obvious.....some people would forget to breathe if it wasn't a reflex action........Common Sense ain't Common anymore

To Quote Jack Nicholson from "Easy Rider"......."This used to be a Hell of a Good Country".........my .02 worth......there are parts of it that still are, let's keep it that way........OK, 'nuff said