• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beach Clean Up

Mykal

imported post

http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/

Radio Interview and O'side Beach Cleanup!

Hey everyone, I just got called by Ron Godwin of El Cajon Gun Exchange and I have been scheduled to appear on his radio show on Sunday, March 8th at 6:30PM on KCBQ 1170. We will be discussing the OC movement and taking in questions from various listeners.

In addition, I would like to set up a small OC meet in Oceanside for Saturday, March 14th from 9 to 11AM. We will be doing a beach cleanup with the Surfrider Foundation and gathering at the south end of Oceanside Pier. As a courtesy, I will be putting the police department there on notice. I called ahead of time and they were really cool with me (not that I am looking for any form of government "cool factor" or anything) so I think we will have no issues. Pretty much everything has been arranged and there are no schools to worry about for thousands of feet so lets go hog wild!

Email or post a comment if you have any questions.

CARRY ON!

-N8

Will we have T-Shirts/hats/stickers ready for purchase by then?

USPSureShot

imported post

N8 - After the Pacific Beach Event you voiced concern over the ability to go "on the beach" Has that been cleared up?

I can See Torrey Pines Sate Park being an issue of course. But I think Oceanside is not a State Park - Does the no tote rule apply there? or are we restricted to the board walk?

pullnshoot25

imported post

Due to some questionable legal wording and the lingering threat of arbitrary police action, the Oceanside Beach Cleanup has been postponed for the time being. While this event has prompted the OPD to write an OC memo, it is the OPD's unpredictable nature, my need to study for finals and my desire to not harm myself nor my fellow Calgunners is causing me to postpone this event until I can get some more concise legal clarification.

I am sorry for the short notice and I don't mean to jerk you guys around, I will work on better notifying you guys ahead of time.

-N8

USPSureShot

imported post

Sad but thank you for finding what ever winkle you did. I want to do this as safely as possible as well.

I will look forward to another event to attend...

So I guess It's poker at Sycuan tomorrow. No OC though Indian Reservation and all.