• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Floridaconcealedcarry.com an Anti-Gun Front Group?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

They say they're afraid of guns openly displayed, and they call the folks here, the true RKBA advocates, "attention whores" and "gun nuts." They're as scary as the Bradys.

They seem more concerned with having their hall passes and background checks than they do with advancing the RKBA agenda. Open carry doesn't appeal to them, because they won't feel "special," if everyone can go openly heeled.

Is Floridaconcealedcarry.com one of those anti-gun front groups like American Hunters and Shooters Association and Gunguys.com? I wouldn't want them anywhere near a ballot box deciding RKBA issues and important matters of Americanism.

As a real gun owner, I don't fear my neighbor's sidearm, and I won't keep him from wearing it.

fridaddy

imported post

Smoking,

Thanks for bringing them to my attention. Very informative group for anyone interested in wait issues for permits.

I agree with your position including the default license. I am not asking you to moderate your views but I do ask you to moderate your tone. Divisions in the gun owning community does none of us any good. Specifically, there are many concealed people who look on open carry poorly. They may not be in the choir, but at least they are in church. They are much easier to convince to our position than someone strictly anti gun.

Like you, I have many issues with those who only go part way on firearms rights, but berating them and name calling accomplishes nothing.A primary tactic of the anti gun lobby is to call for "reasonable" restrictions. Those the restrictions do not apply to sit by until it is their own gun that is threatened. Divided we are not a 5th of what we are together.

Please try to remember that while we have a lot to fight against, asking each other to help in our common fight will get us a lot farther than demanding agreement with our views.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Simply put: .... "Shall not be infringed!"Key word: "Shall" Key Qualifier: "Not".

I'm gonna re-post my own comments 'bout open carry from USA Carry...

"Custom + Culture! I have been 'heeled' in Arizona from 1971 onward. Now that I finally live here, I am heeled everyday... all the time. Home... away... on the road or whatever. Goin' heeled is 'open carry'. I really don't understand all this 'tactical advantage' CC nonsense... Mainly because I think it's a manufactured excuse to justify both a lack of self confidence and acute self-consciousness rationalization.

Having read most of this thread... I see indications of guilt & fear... as tho carrying a firearm is somehow 'wrong'. I see references to 'permit and license'... as tho the free exercise of a Right requires Government sanctioned permission. Rights do not require permission. Rights are either recognized or denied. If you are a product of the public school systems (as I am) this little detail relative to "Right, Permit, & License was seldom addressed. More often it was obfuscated and homogenized. Particularly regarding the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. This is the only 'Right' that entails 'bearing' anything.

Arms. Not even firearms by definition... but Arms. Swords, knives, axes, polearms if you prefer... or personal firearms... Guns! Concealed carry is not defined in the US Constitution or Arizona's. It is 'permitted' by State permit. Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) here. Note that all CCW/CWP's etc are State issued. Reciprocity is between States (or not) as well. How come? 10th Amendment!

I have a CWP merely to avoid accidental concealment and the practicality of firearms purchases or interstate travel where OC is denied. Note... I do not use the term permitted. The Right is denied or subjected to Government control in defiance of the 2nd Amendment. Y'know... the same Constitution these people took an oath to protect and defend when they were sworn in to office?

As for method of carry... The movies have done much to alter and distort perception. This quick draw stuff is Hollywood... as is 'strong side'... 'Condition', 'Stance' 'n such from people who made a good livin' inventiing these terms and ideas. Jeff Cooper among them. I use a seperate gunbelt for the large frame guns 'n a simple 'bucket' on my pants belt for the little one. (The little one being a Makarov 9x18mm.) The ..45's 'n 9's go in a holster on a gunbelt. I carry at the 10 O'Clock position (cross draw) in that it does not impede either my seat belt when driving or my leg when mounting a horse. I don't care what John Wayne did.

As for 'draw'... try pullin' that piece sittin' down w/o finding your gun butt in your armpit before clearing the holster. Providing the holster doesn't try to come along with the gun in the process. At 10 O'Clock the weapon is not bangin' into anything (or anyone) accidentally either. I suspect more than a few here are relative noobs to carryin' firearms. 'What will people say... do? What will the LEO's do... say?" "What if...?"

First of all... why do you carry a firearm? 'Political statement... attention... fashion accessory... adventurous novelty, trendy, conversation piece or self defense? What's your priority?
Secondly... would you kill a human being? Have you ever killed... anything with a firearm? Would you hesitate... running all the legal and possible financial ramifications thru your head... or just pull the bang switch?

Personally... I carry 'openly' for self defense. It's an active rather than passive deterrent. All these 'armed guy gets shot first scenarios' are products of imagination. If that were true... we'd have OC'rs gettin' dusted right 'n left. When I first went armed into the world... there were no discussion forums. There were no 'discussions'. You were either heeled or not. It wasn't even an issue. If these Government morons abided by the Constitution (as they are sworn to do), aided and abbetted by equally ignorant moronic MSM news wonks... it wouldn't be an issue now."

Understood that OC is not permitted (presently) in Florida. Used to live there... Sanford/Deland area... 'n Jacksonville. Weather is not real conducive to CC unless ya leave yer shirttail out... which I don't do normally either. There were times I wish Icarried a pistol when I lived there tho... or could.I don't remember when CC was finally permitted... At any rate, there do exist a lot of 'anti's'... among gun owners. There's the 'Fudd's'... the hunters who would never carry wepons for self defense... the 'Paper puncher's' who only view firearms for sporting purposes... 'n the 'Secret Sam's'... The CC only crowd. Again... custom + culture. 'Lotta 'projection' as to the negatives of Open Carry which exist only in their minds. From where I am... and having OC'd as a cultural norm (here) beginning forty years ago... there are no negative aspects of OC except those which begin between people's ears. It's irrational fear. 'Hope y'all can get past that there.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

fridaddy wrote:
Smoking,

Thanks for bringing them to my attention. Very informative group for anyone interested in wait issues for permits.

I agree with your position including the default license. I am not asking you to moderate your views but I do ask you to moderate your tone. Divisions in the gun owning community does none of us any good. Specifically, there are many concealed people who look on open carry poorly. They may not be in the choir, but at least they are in church. They are much easier to convince to our position than someone strictly anti gun.

Like you, I have many issues with those who only go part way on firearms rights, but berating them and name calling accomplishes nothing.A primary tactic of the anti gun lobby is to call for "reasonable" restrictions. Those the restrictions do not apply to sit by until it is their own gun that is threatened. Divided we are not a 5th of what we are together.

Please try to remember that while we have a lot to fight against, asking each other to help in our common fight will get us a lot farther than demanding agreement with our views.
Fridaddy:

Thanks for smacking around the ignorant rubes at the noted forum. It was nice to see them take it on the chin, again. I surmise they've tired of running headlong into persons of greater intellect than themselves. They've now come to admit the same point, in toto, that they previously denied.

If the company were more rarefied, I'd take a measure of delight in my conquest. I suppose I'll asphyxiate holding my breath for an apology.

I see that they struggle to parse a sentence. This notification of the agency clerk requirement flummoxes them. I typically solve the matter with service of process by FedEx.

Again, I AM NOT ADMITTED IN FLORIDA! That said, caselaw and the DOAH database bears me right on the question of default licensure.

Bustelo5%

imported post

This really makes me glad that I live in Ohio and I have the option of not going by this states rules,why should I have to get some permit that says the state lets me have the opportunity to use my weapon the defense of my self or others.IF you dont know how to use a firearm safely learn how to,find a friend start a group. Im pretty confused how Florida as a state let it get that far as to not having the right to just have on your persons a gun,that really confuses me.Hawaii let their whole society fall prey to that and now look at them. There not even a real state and everything is trash,barbers point is turned into a waste land along with all of Waianae. As time went on people decided that since crime dosent happen here,they have to get every gun registerd with HPD and im pretty sure you cannot carry on your persons at all.idk I think we all on the forum should send letters to 1000 people in america get everyone to sign a (We the People Ammendment) to the Goverment and make the RKBA to CC/OC nationwide with no licensing and take all the money from the anti gun bills and whever else they come up with and have every July fourth Gun safety week for free to every citizen who is a human being and at least 5 years old. But im just a crazy Hawaiian guy who lives in a back ass nation of whimps.