• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater March OC Dining Out

Bubba Ron

imported post

A week has gone by, time to have another dining out in Tidewater!!

It's been a while since our last visit to the Golden Corral in Chesapeake - so let's stop in and visit them on Wednesday March 11 at 7:00PM.

Golden Corral's are great because we have a lot of interaction with other citizens.

Address: 2324 Chesapeake Square Ring Road, Chesapeake, VA (by Chesapeake Square Mall). Phone 757-465-2021

Here's a link for a map: http://www.tinyurl.com/cf5mdv

Edited to try to get the link to work - you might have to "cut and paste".

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
DrMark wrote:
http://www.tinyurl.com/cf5mdv

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Bubba Ron. :cool:
Thanks for the link DrMark....can you make it on Wednesday?
No. Previous commitment. :(

However...

To any new folks reading this, and considering going, give it a try! It's always worthwhile exercising a vital right while enjoying good fellowship and good fun.

I'd have more fun there than where I'll be.

wylde007

imported post

DrMark wrote:
To any new folks reading this, and considering going, give it a try! It's always worthwhile exercising a vital right while enjoying good fellowship and good fun.
Just don't ask too many questions.:banghead:

:lol::celebrate:lol::celebrate:lol:

Bubba Ron

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
DrMark wrote:
Just don't ask too many questions.:banghead:

:lol::celebrate:lol::celebrate:lol:
Actually Travis - It's "don't ask the SAME question over and over and over". Your disagreement (or feud - whatever you want to call it)with me does not belong on this site.

wylde007

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Actually Travis - It's "don't ask the SAME question over and over and over". Your disagreement (or feud - whatever you want to call it)with me does not belong on this site.
For starters, I did not ask the same question over and over.

I was satisfied with your response to my initial query, but then threads like these:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/22592.html
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/22294.html
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/21907.html

got me thinking and I was looking for some information from what I presumed was a knowledgeable source, instead of someone with a chip on his shoulder and a propensity to take a simple question as a personal insult.

I addressed the second round of my questions to you and Philip not because I gave a monkey about how it applied to the gun show, but because there was an ongoing discussion about it, but you just couldn't get over your tunnel vision technique of dealing with a fellow carrier and got your knickers in a bind thinking I had "gone over your head" by posing the question to Philip.

In the process you have cost yourselves a member and supporter. I'm sure that it doesn't concern you, personally, in the least, but your crappy holier-than-thou attitude is just the kind of person I'd prefer not to ever have to deal with.

Which is a shame, because everyone else I've met so far seems more than willing to be helpful and informative instead of pissing on the "new" guy.

Next time, if you don't know the answer, just say so. And I'm not sure where you got the impression I needed your permission for anything. It's really disappointing that my first experience with the group was so negative, but I've quite moved on... hence the dancing bananas and LOL emotes.

Bubba Ron

imported post

wolf-father wrote:
I will be there it will be my first (and OCing)so take it easy on me. So does this work?
It's "worked" since June 2006, at least twice a month, never been denied service or been spoken to by the police....we're just law abiding citizens....there's no requirement to carry at all - if you're uncomfortable don't carry, come join us anyway!!

wolf-father

imported post

I'm sorry I typed it wrong:banghead:How does it work does everyone stand in the parking lot and wait for others or is there nomaly a reserve a section. I know know no one out here. I will be comeing just not a jump in kind of person. :cry:I will try not to ask to many questions.:D

Bubba Ron

imported post

If you get there a little early, there will probably be some folks out front. If you get there a little late, we always try to get the back corner room but if it's not available we'll find a spot where we can move some tables together - it'll be very difficult NOT to see us ;). I'll be calling them to try and get the back "party" room - but even with a "reservation" it's never guaranteed.