• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ANTI'S EMOTIONAL "KIDS, GUNS, AND DEATH" BALONEY BRILLIANTLY SKEWERED AND DEBUNKED!!

Dom

imported post

Excellent article.

I'm going to set up a website called "The Dom Campaign to Stop Vehicular Violence". My organization has the following goals:
The Dom Campaign believes that a safer America can be achieved without banning cars. Our stand is simple. We believe that law-abiding citizens should be able to buy and keep keep cars. And we believe there are sensible vehicle laws that we can and should insist upon when it comes to car ownership.

First and foremost, we should try to keep cars out of the hands of those who should not have them, including criminals, children, and little old ladies.

Second, there are certain classes of vehicles that should be out of bounds for private ownership. They include low riders, which are used almost exclusively for crime, military-style assault vehicles like Hummers and Jeeps, and Ferraris, which serve no ordinary driving purpose.

Third, we believe that those who do own cars ought to be held to the highest standards of safety. They should be well trained in the use of their vehicles and they should be required to keep vehicles locked in their garage, so that neither innocent children nor prohibited persons can get a hold of them.
The Dom Campaign will work on the federal and state level to protect sensible motor vehicle laws from being weakened, and to pass ones where they don't exist. Our number one priority is to get illegal cars off our streets by:
  1. Strengthening law enforcement tools to crack down on corrupt car dealers.
  2. Extending background checks to all car sales.
  3. Stopping large-volume car sales that supply car dealers.
  4. Ensuring all new car sales include a "boot", so that children cannot access the vehicle.
Legislatively, we will also work toward renewing the Assault Vehicle Ban (cars with black paint jobs, more than 4 cylinders, an integral spoiler, or a pistol grip shifter); legislating product safety standards for car manufacturers; and thwarting the plans of the AAA to weaken our nation's and our state's vehicle laws.

In addition to our work on vehicle laws, all Dom Campaign programs and departments will work to educate and advocate various constituencies on the dangers of vehicular violence.

Donations will be tax deductible.

BlueStreek

imported post

Very interesting analysis. I would agree 100% that fear is all they wish to create. The Anti's are not really interested in saving any lives. They are only using this as a ploy to strip our 2nd amendment rights away.

As for the "The Dom Campaign to Stop Vehicular Violence" that would be a totally valid and legal campaign. There are no protections that any person can or should own or use any vehicle. There are no protections that we can even own a horse for that matter and many cities and towns prevent you from doing so on your own property.

However, there is a 100% protection of firearm ownership, possession and usage within the very founding documents of our country. Now it's just a matter of voting out ALL anti-gun politicians. They have stomped all over the 1st amendment, totally ignore the 4th amendment and most of the time have never heard of the 5th amendment so why do we keep electing the same losers year after year?

Anyway, that was a good article but unfortunately the only people who are listening is the choir.

p.s. Don't forget that you have to get a license for EVERY state you wish to drive in. Also you should not be allowed to have a gas tank that holds more than 2 gallons. This should be more than enough for any normal purposes such as starting the engine, picking up milk and dropping the kids off at school. Also no vehicle should be able to travel fast than 20 MPH.

KBCraig

imported post

BlueStreek wrote:
As for the "The Dom Campaign to Stop Vehicular Violence" that would be a totally valid and legal campaign. There are no protections that any person can or should own or use any vehicle.
Of course there are: unless the Constitution grants a specific power to the government, they have no authority to regulate anything.

Alexcabbie

imported post

But State governments can do anything except what the Constitution says they CANNOT, and although an unenumerated right "shall not be'.......disparaged", automobile ownership is NOT an ENUMERATED right. And operating a car on the public byways is a privelege; and by so doing you imply your consent to for example have your blood alcohol content measured.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

"Legislatively, we will also work toward renewing the Assault Vehicle Ban (cars with black paint jobs, more than 4 cylinders, an integral spoiler, or a pistol grip shifter); legislating product safety standards for car manufacturers; and thwarting the plans of the AAA to weaken our nation's and our state's vehicle laws."

I'm skrood!

Phssthpok

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
No pistol grip tho... Needs a gun rack... upright type.

Check your premise there Sonora... you do indeed have a pistol grip....it's just mounted SIDEWAYS in true 'evil' gangsta style.;)

celticredneck

imported post

Dom, you left out the car purchase waiting period, and maybe a one car a decade law too. On the other hand, I can not agree with getting rid of corrupt car dealers. We might not have anywhere to purchase a car if we did that.

darthmord

imported post

Ya know Sonora, that looks like a fully automatic engine you have there...

Did you remember to register it with the Bureau of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles?

Never mind that floor mounted (assault) shift.

:lol:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

If these loopy lefties had their way... we'd all be putterin' around in bio/electric clown cars. These seem to do really well in snow.... unpaved roads 'n such (NOT). I have a 4WD SUV for that... not a big one... but it's practical for here. Not all of us live in cities...

We gottahaul groceries... hardware, feed 'n even furniture. We need P/U trucks and SUV's. We need to carry guns in these remote areas. (Often between mountains there is no cell phone signal for a 911... and even then it'll take an hour or more after the fact.) The United States is much more than New York, Washington DC, Chicago and San Francisco... culturally, geographically and politically.

We... as Americans, will not stand still to being dictated to by a bunch of failed lawyers and looney-tune moonbats of whatever stripe. The States created the Federal Government...not the other way 'round.'Government of the people, by the people, for the people' seems to have evaded these pompous asses. At this point... there seems to be only one solution... and y'all know what that is.I do believe it's coming.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

darthmord wrote:
Ya know Sonora, that looks like a fully automatic engine you have there...

Did you remember to register it with the Bureau of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles?

Never mind that floor mounted (assault) shift.

:lol:
Yep...over 6000RPM, 5.9 Litre (360 cubic inch) 473 HP (Normally Aspirated) 149.7 mph top end (5400 RPM maintained)3,700 lb 'brick'. BPTA can KMA! :cuss:

4armed Architect

imported post

I think there should be some "common sense" applied to gasoline sales as well.
  • It's obvious that households should be limited to 2 gal. of fuel/month(to go with the 2 gal. tank - high capacity tanks should be a felony).
  • There should be no private party transfers of fuel - only licensed vendors can dispense fuel.
  • All purchasers of fuel should be required to produce a gov't. produced picture I.D. and provide a thumbprint.
  • All purchasers should pass a background check to insure they have never been arrested for anything, never had a ticket or DUI, are not felons, probationers, parolees, etc., had never been prescribed medications of any kind, never been diagnosed with or consulted anyone about any emotional, sociological or psychological problems, have never had a license suspension or denial, are not the subject of court case of any type, .... etc. etc. etc.
  • There should be a least a 10 day waiting period to buy fuel.
  • No "out-of-state" sales should be allowed. No home deliveries. No "bulk" sales.
  • No "car show" loopholes should be allowed.
  • All thefts and siphonings must be reported to authorities within 1 hour of the theft.
  • All vendors must be on an approved "State Roster of Approved Fuel Dealers" list and all fuel mixes must be on an approved "State Roster of Approved Fuels" list
  • A sample of the fuel must be submitted to a State lab to ensure that it meets Federal, State and local air quality and other requirements or the transaction may not be approved.
  • Vendors must send all "Records of Sale" to the "Nationwide Fuel Transaction Database"
  • Anyone found in possession of a vehicle without proof of "Registered Fuel" shall have the vehicle forfeited to the law enforcement agency discovering the felony.
I suppose I could go on and on. I'm willing to let others in on the fun. Thanks, DOM for getting me started.

ETA: Oh crap. I forgot about school zones. NO VEHICLE CONTAINING ANY FUEL WHATSOEVER SHALL BE ALLOWED WITHIN 1500' OF ANY K-12 SCHOOL, COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY, HOME SCHOOL LOCATION, PRIVATE ACADEMY OF ANY SORT(INCLUDING , BUT NOT LIMITED TO KARATE, CPR & RED CROSS TRAINING CENTERS, ETC.). In other words, within 1500' of where anyone LEARNS anything(including self-directed online computer learning).