• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc get together (phoenix metro)

Hiredgun30

imported post

I am moving back to idaho, just got reinstated as a Corrections Officer.

I would like to hang out with my fellow open carriers before I head home.

Mike....

GWbiker

imported post

I'm in!

I'll need a definite time and location a few days before hand as I'm 125 miles from Metro Phoenix.

Dahwg

imported post

I might be able to make it. Like GW it's a bit of a drive, so gimme a heads up and we'll see what comes of it.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Lets see, Denny's, Ihop, Cracker Barrel, Waffle House. These are all places I have OC'ed in Phoenix..... Let's get together and do this!

Hiredgun30

imported post

anybody like outside seating... on a sunday??? maybe something near I-10 and I 60 interchange. i ride a motorcycle so the location doesnt matter for me.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

All the IHOP's that I've been to in the area are posted no firearms. I've oc'd and have seen others opencarrying at The Barbecue Company, near 36th St and I think it's Broadway. I'm not too sure what their weekend schedule is though.

curtm1911

imported post

If I remember correctly, Open Carry in a Park is limited to CWP holders, feel free to correct meanyone if I am wrong, but like I said, I believe you need a CWP to do it, one of the perks of the "Permission Slip' from the Gub'mint

dclabounty

imported post

curtm1911 wrote:
If I remember correctly, Open Carry in a Park is limited to CWP holders, feel free to correct meanyone if I am wrong, but like I said, I believe you need a CWP to do it, one of the perks of the "Permission Slip' from the Gub'mint
Localities MAY restrict carry in parks to only CCW holders. This is one of the provisions of the preemption statute that localities can regulate carry in parks. However the park must clearly be posted per ARS 13-3108. So if a park doesn't have a sign then it's fair game to carry in.

curtm1911

imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
curtm1911 wrote:
Localities MAY restrict carry in parks to only CCW holders. This is one of the provisions of the preemption statute that localities can regulate carry in parks. However the park must clearly be posted per ARS 13-3108. So if a park doesn't have a sign then it's fair game to carry in.

Thank You for the clarifacation, however, remember, this is Phoenix we are talking about, hows about maybe South Mountain Park for this Shindig, the gangbangers will load their drawers maybe..............lol

me812

imported post

Thank You for the clarifacation, however, remember, this is Phoenix we are talking about, hows about maybe South Mountain Park for this Shindig, the gangbangers will load their drawers maybe..............lol

South Mountain Park is over one square mile in area. That means Phoenix can't forbid carry there.