• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LA Residents, someone you'll WANT to vote for...Trutanich

eflatminor

imported post

As you may haveheard, there will be a runoff election in May between Weiss and Trutanich for LA City Attorney. Trutanich is endorsed by the NRA.

It just so rare that we actually have a chance to put someone other than a rabid anti into office in Los Angeles, which is exactly what Weiss is. Besides, by all accounts Weiss is an ineffective arse. Still, Weiss outrasied Trutanich by a million dollars yet still didn't get the votes needed to avoid the runoff. We need to donate where possible and get the word out. It would be minor victory in the big scheme of things, but such a nice one here in the People's Republic. If you can give, please do so at:

www.tru09.com

If you can't donate, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get out in May and vote for Trutanich. Let's send Komrade Villaraigosa a message here that not all of his constituents are fascists. Let's get a reasonable man into at least one office in Los Angeles!

VOTE TRUTANICH :celebrate

sjalterego

imported post

Aside from being endorsed by the NRA what do you know about his positions on issues relevant to this forum and guns generally? I can't vote for him as I live outside of thecity but would consider donating.

eflatminor

imported post

I know that his law firm hasdefended many gun owners and those in the firearms business against attacks from liberal politicians and police. Link tothe law firm's area's of practice:

http://www.tmllp.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=35

I know he publically supports the second amendment and while I do not know if he openly supports UOC, he sure would be a LOT better for us than Weiss, a notorious gun grabber.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

sjalterego wrote:
Aside from being endorsed by the NRA what do you know about his positions on issues relevant to this forum and guns generally? I can't vote for him as I live outside of thecity but would consider donating.
They have represented at least one person who was wrongfully arrested while openly carrying. It is my understanding that he is supportive of our cause, but advises us to proceed with caution.

Bottom line: they don't come more pro-gun than this guy.

chrsjhnsn

imported post

sjalterego wrote:
he is a lawyer, sometimes working for little or no compensation, who has been tirelessly
on the side of the legal gun owner.
He's one of the good guys, the really really good guys!!!