• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State's Attemt to mandate Concealment

Edward Peruta

imported post

[align=center]UPDATE ON STATE'S [/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]MOST RECENT ATTEMPT[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]TO MANDATE CONCEALMENT[/align]

[align=center][/align]
Thanks to all for the volume of correspondence (personal contact, phone calls, letters, e-mail) to members of all committees of Interest. As you can see, your involvement works!
Today in the Public Safety and Security Committee the following bill was addressed and JFS (Joint Favorable Substitute) to Judiciary Comm.

10. H.B. No. 6457 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE REGULATION OF FIREARMS AND THE LICENSING OF BAIL ENFORCEMENT AGENTS, PROFESSIONAL BONDSMEN AND SURETY BAIL BOND AGENTS. JFS to Judiciary. DELETED: Sec 1. To require gun show promoters to notify the Commissioner of Public Safety of any planned gun show (retains only reporting to the chief of police); Sec. 8 to require the concealment of a pistol or revolver when carried upon the person, with certain exemptions; and Sec.9 Penalties. CCS OPPOSED strongly the provision on Concealed Carry. Coalition Testimony. The bill now only addresses training for bail bondsmen and the .08 intoxication limit.

We’ve been carrying this bill (bootleg copy) on the website for several weeks An Act Concerning Firing Ranges (ATTORNEY GENERAL bill). REF. PUBLIC SAFETY AND SECURITY. RAISED 1/24. Not yet in Print. Correspondence from some legislators indicated the following:I have been contacted by various individuals regarding the "shooting range"but I cannot find any information.Other than on your website. Can you fill me in on this?” My response on 2/22: “This is the AG’s bill. Talked to him on Thurs. last week. He says the bill is dead due to many sportsmen contacts and a poorly written bill. Bill has been raised in Public Safety but not yet printed. Thanks for your interest.”

The status on this bill as of today is DEAD.

Edward Peruta

imported post

News update on concealment

Superior Court New Britain, CT March 12, 2009

In the matter of Edward A. Peruta vs. State of Connecticut Department of Public Safety - Motion for Declaratory Ruling.

UPDATE

TODAY, MARCH 12, 2009, The judge hearing arguments regarding State's motion to dismiss, did not dismiss the case, and went on to request that plaintiff Edward Peruta (within two weeks), submit ALL documentation regarding any concealment inquires that have been made, together with any repsponses to same.

The judge has asked for ALL emails, letters, and other evidence relating to and documenting attempts to get answers on whether or not permit holders must conceal their pistols or revolvers.

Plaintiff has many emails staring from July of 2007 to present on the issue of concealment, two requests to have the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners rule on the issue, several emails from the State Firearms Unit and the mostrecent emails from Mr. Eads in Kent, CT.

Anyone with written documentation regardless of whether they are in hard or email format is requested to contact Edward A. Peruta at this email address edperuta@amcable.tv

I am curently in San Diego and was not able to attend the hearing, but recieved details from my attorneyRachel M. Baird in Torrington.

It is time for this matter to be resolvedso that all concerned will have a clear working understanding of the law.

Respectfully,

Edward Peruta