Thread: CBI check failed....

Post imported post

Hello... New forum member here. Just moved to SW Colorado (Montezeuma Co) from North Carolina.

I just attempted to buy a Bersa .380 at a gun show but CBI insta-check failed, I suspect due to being a new resident as there is no reason in the world I should not pass the insta-check with flying colors.....

I just took a CCW course and was about to turn in CC paperwork but now I'm forced to waiting to see what my appeal info says as to why I was rejected for a purchase.

Anyway... nice to be here....

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sorry to hear that. I don't know much about that process. Obviously you should find out why you were rejected before you apply for your CCW. Assuming you get a CCW, you should contact your State Senator and ask them to support HB1180, which would remove the background check requirement for CCW holders.

Post imported post

centsi wrote:
    Sorry to hear that. I don't know much about that process. Obviously you should find out why you were rejected before you apply for your CCW.
    I sent my notice to appeal last Monday. I should know the reason next week.

Post imported post

My guess is that it is because you are a new resident. A similar thing happened to my friend when he moved here from New Mexico. He had to wait 60 days or something and then it was fine.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

I think it's 90 days but I ask... "90 days from what?" I've been in the state and in my house for 90 days but I've not had my Drivers license for that length of time. So how does the CBI know how long I have been here? Just wondering......

Post imported post

It's been a while since I've bought a gun from a dealer, but they maynote either the issue or the expiration date of your licence. Even if they don't, the CBI could probablyfind outfrom the number.

Post imported post

They run the check against your drivers license so I suspect that is probably the reason. I have three middle names and they are all crammed together as one on my drivers license. I had a CBI check come back as rejected when I just put one middle name and when the dealer ran it again with the information exactly matching my drivers license it sailed right through.