• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CBI check failed....

armed_preacher

imported post

Hello... New forum member here. Just moved to SW Colorado (Montezeuma Co) from North Carolina.

I just attempted to buy a Bersa .380 at a gun show but CBI insta-check failed, I suspect due to being a new resident as there is no reason in the world I should not pass the insta-check with flying colors.....

I just took a CCW course and was about to turn in CC paperwork but now I'm forced to waiting to see what my appeal info says as to why I was rejected for a purchase.

Anyway... nice to be here....

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sorry to hear that. I don't know much about that process. Obviously you should find out why you were rejected before you apply for your CCW. Assuming you get a CCW, you should contact your State Senator and ask them to support HB1180, which would remove the background check requirement for CCW holders.

entartet17

imported post

My guess is that it is because you are a new resident. A similar thing happened to my friend when he moved here from New Mexico. He had to wait 60 days or something and then it was fine.

armed_preacher

imported post

I think it's 90 days but I ask... "90 days from what?" I've been in the state and in my house for 90 days but I've not had my Drivers license for that length of time. So how does the CBI know how long I have been here? Just wondering......

Flyer22

imported post

It's been a while since I've bought a gun from a dealer, but they maynote either the issue or the expiration date of your licence. Even if they don't, the CBI could probablyfind outfrom the number.

RLCbushpilot

imported post

They run the check against your drivers license so I suspect that is probably the reason. I have three middle names and they are all crammed together as one on my drivers license. I had a CBI check come back as rejected when I just put one middle name and when the dealer ran it again with the information exactly matching my drivers license it sailed right through.