• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reference document when open carrying?

DarkHorse

imported post

Hi folks. I had read some posts that referenced folks that had a printed document that has material that speaks to the legality of open carrying.

I have my concealed permit, so I amnot concerened so much maybe as I would be if I did not ...........but the resturant has got me thinking. Feel stupid for stating the obvious. But, when open carrying in a resturant that is ABC on, I thought it would be a good idea to keep some reference material with me that helps explain the legallity of open carrying .....in that resturant. I realize it may not make a difference in some examples. However, just thought one more "tool" to keep with me.

Anyone have an already prepared document that could be forwarded to me? My attempts at the search button did not show any results where some may have already post such an item.

Thanks.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

See the VCDL page (www.vcdl.org) and click on "newsletters". Pages 5-6 has a blurb you can cut and put in a wallet.

VCDL has printed cards with this information, so if you know a VCDL member, you may see if s/he has one.

BobCav built the attached document, but it's dated now and I haven't reviewed it for accuracy. The only thing I can recall might be changed is the carry-at-GMU section. VCDL advises its members not to carry there, unless they want to be a test case, as the administrative code was changed to prevent carry there, and some don't believe that's enough to make it a criminal offense. It's not yet challenged.

Oh, and it's now legal to carry a concealed weapon on K-12 school grounds IF and ONLY IF you are a CHL holder, the gun remains concealed, and you remain in your vehicle.

Of course, the National Park Rule has changed, but that's Federal, not state.

I haven't gotten around to updating this document, and I don't know if anyone else has. If they have, I don't have a new copy.

Hope it helps anyway

DarkHorse

imported post

Tess wrote:
See the VCDL page (http://www.vcdl.org) and click on "newsletters". Pages 5-6 has a blurb you can cut and put in a wallet.

VCDL has printed cards with this information, so if you know a VCDL member, you may see if s/he has one.

BobCav built the attached document, but it's dated now and I haven't reviewed it for accuracy. The only thing I can recall might be changed is the carry-at-GMU section. VCDL advises its members not to carry there, unless they want to be a test case, as the administrative code was changed to prevent carry there, and some don't believe that's enough to make it a criminal offense. It's not yet challenged.

Oh, and it's now legal to carry a concealed weapon on K-12 school grounds IF and ONLY IF you are a CHL holder, the gun remains concealed, and you remain in your vehicle.

Of course, the National Park Rule has changed, but that's Federal, not state.

I haven't gotten around to updating this document, and I don't know if anyone else has. If they have, I don't have a new copy.

Hope it helps anyway

Tess- This was extreamly helpful. Thank you.

For anyone looking to the newsletter Tess references... it is Vol #11 Issue 2.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks, guys. I was in a hurry and didn't realize it wasn't the trifold that I posted. That's what happens when you grab a word document without opening it first.