Thread: Shootout in Hickory leaves one man dead

Post imported post

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/18873543/index.html

This story is still developing, but it is an interesting story. Neighbors in the area appear to be all armed.

search hickory in the search bar.

Post imported post

More info, newspaper article.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/conten...man-shot/news/

I was also told the person shot through the door at the attacker. Interested to see how that comes out in the investigation. Technically it's legal in NC, but does not seem to be accepted in all cases. Will keep up with it here and the NC forum if anything iteresting comes of it.

Post imported post

They seem to care a whole lot about the guy who got shot. Alot more than the guy who shot him.

Reading thru the story, I was thinking, what if we OC'd Shotguns ?

BTW, The second link says that he gave a statement before he went to the hospital, and is expected to RECOVER.

He didn't die, not yet anyway.

Post imported post

Yeah Dustin the guy was not killed. And they did seem to focus more on the guy that got shot. But I kind of think that may be a good thing. It keeps the negative focus of the the shooter if indeed it was legit. I'm trying to keep up with it, but have not gotten any more info. Seems that they are not sure if the guy had the shotgun when he came or if he took it from someone in the house or neighborhood. Lots of conflicting reports that LEO are having to sort through. The news has completely dropped it but when I get more info I'll post it up.

Post imported post

And if the guy who did the shooting was smart, he's contacted a lawyer and shut the hell up until he's sure he's not going to be charged with something. That includes talking to the news media.