• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shootout in Hickory leaves one man dead (NC)

chiefjason

imported post

My wife told me about it earlier today. Might try to get some info on it. Not the best part of Hickory but by no means the worst either. Early morning knocks on doors will get that around here.

chiefjason

imported post

More info here.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/content/2009/mar/07/hickory-man-shot/news/

The guy who was shot did not die. Looks like it is a love triangle thing. So it's not completely random. I take my earlier comment about where it was back. The video was wrong. It is in a bad section of town that I pass through twice daily. I get gas at the station about 2 blocks away, usually around midnight when I come home from work. It's also a lot closer to where I live than I first thought.

It may get interesting if what I was told turns out to be true. The police are trying to get the complete story of what happened. But I was told he was shot through the door. I will try to keep up with it to see if that is true and what direction the investigation takes. I am very interested in how the police view shooting an armed subject through the door if that ends up being what happened.