Thread: Possibly moving back to FL

Post imported post

As the title states, i may be moving back. I was stationed in Panama City from 98-04 and got orders and left. I may be getting orders back...hopefully. Im currently in VA and am taking a CCW course here on the 15th. If i do get orders it seems my CCW permit will not work in FL. Now i am a FL resident, have been for 10 yrs. Im not gonna pull out of the class b/c i will learn something. But being a resident of FL and getting a VA CCW permit......i wont be able to use it in FL correct? Also how much is a permit in FL. Thank you.

22crew

State Researcher

Post imported post

Actually, proof of current military service or an honorable discharge fulfills the training requirements in both Florida and Virginia.

Also, since you're a legal resident of Florida, there's no advantage to you getting a VA CHP (which is recognized in far fewer states than the FL CCW license). I recommend starting the FL CCW license application now, regardless of whether you ultimately get transferred.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

Thanks WVCD. I appreciate the help. I am going to continue with the class in VA b/c it's not a guarantee that i am going to FL. Also i am brand new to handguns and want to learn as much as possible, so i might as well take the class.

22crew