• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Possibly moving back to FL

22crew

imported post

As the title states, i may be moving back. I was stationed in Panama City from 98-04 and got orders and left. I may be getting orders back...hopefully. Im currently in VA and am taking a CCW course here on the 15th. If i do get orders it seems my CCW permit will not work in FL. Now i am a FL resident, have been for 10 yrs. Im not gonna pull out of the class b/c i will learn something. But being a resident of FL and getting a VA CCW permit......i wont be able to use it in FL correct? Also how much is a permit in FL. Thank you.

22crew

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

Actually, proof of current military service or an honorable discharge fulfills the training requirements in both Florida and Virginia.

Also, since you're a legal resident of Florida, there's no advantage to you getting a VA CHP (which is recognized in far fewer states than the FL CCW license). I recommend starting the FL CCW license application now, regardless of whether you ultimately get transferred.

22crew

imported post

Thanks WVCD. I appreciate the help. I am going to continue with the class in VA b/c it's not a guarantee that i am going to FL. Also i am brand new to handguns and want to learn as much as possible, so i might as well take the class.

22crew