• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Build your dream AR-15 on-line

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

It told me what I already knew. Building an AR is waste of money. For the $3,100 it would have cost me I'll take an AK, a bunch of extra 30rd'ers and drums and about 7,500 rounds of Wolf.

compmanio365

imported post

Nice, very cool to see it online and get a feel for what's out there. I have to agree that an AR is a big pit that you throw money into, but if that's what you are into, this might be the way to go about figuring out what configuration you wanted. I certainly wouldn't turn down an AR if someone wanted to give one to me or sell one at a more reasonable price. I'm not holding my breath on either though. :D

LEO 229

imported post

Obviously, it is going to be cheaper to buy a package deal.

But if you want to have a custom AR to your exact liking you can see what it would cost you and how it would look.

I absolutely HATE AKs but that is me. The AK is the weapon of my enemy and I would not personally own one myself. It does not do anything for me.

But to each... his own. Either you love the AR and all that you can customize on it or you don't.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
I absolutely HATE AKs but that is me. The AK is the weapon of my enemy and I would now personally own one myself. It does not do anything for me.
I don't understand, 'I would now own one' and 'it does not do anything for me' seem contradictory.

He obviously meant I would NOT own one.

LEO 229

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I don't understand, 'I would now own one' and 'it does not do anything for me' seem contradictory.
It would seem that way, huh?

Try to use some deductive reasoning and maybe there are enough clues in the sentence to help you find a typo that has so easily confused you.

Hint:
  1. I absolutely HATE AKs
  2. It does not do anything for me.
Did you really think I meant to imply that I have or would own one?

Funny how one letter can throw someone off so easily. :lol:

Sheriff

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Try to use some deductive reasoning and maybe there are enough clues in the sentence to help you find a typo that has so easily confused you.

The same could be said of one's own "proofreading" abilities before clicking on the send button. Try to use some deductive reasoning

and maybe there are enough clues in the sentence to help you find a typo that you so easilymade. :lol:

LEO 229

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

The same could be said of one's own "proofreading" abilities before clicking on the send button. Try to use some deductive reasoning

and maybe there are enough clues in the sentence to help you find a typo that you so easilymade. :lol:
I never make mistakes. So I do not need to proof read. I intentionally did it just to confuse the populace to see what would happen.

The outcome was as expected!!

It has since been modified since the experimentation is over.

I just wanted to see who would bite first... you or Doug. He beat you to it! :lol:

FightingGlock19

imported post

I have two AK's & am in the process of building two AR's.

Each makes an outstanding fighting rifle. You've just got to remember, "the AR is a prom queen & the AK is a biker bitch, treat each accordingly."

compmanio365

imported post

catass wrote:
I have two AK's & am in the process of building two AR's.

Each makes an outstanding fighting rifle. You've just got to remember, "the AR is a prom queen & the AK is a biker bitch, treat each accordingly."
+1.....with the ability to clean and perform maintenance on the AR, it will outshoot the AK any day. But the AK will hit harder and keep shooting a hell of a lot longer. Just depends on what you want out of your rifle.

unreconstructed1

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I absolutely HATE AKs but that is me. The AK is the weapon of my enemy and I would not personally own one myself. It does not do anything for me.

But to each... his own. Either you love the AR and all that you can customize on it or you don't.

so I am your enemy?

I personally love the Kalashnikov designs, and that makes me your enemy?

or are you using the same tried and true anti's "evil assault rifle" trick?

thousands of law abiding people use AKs, and thousands of criminals use Glocks, which is standard Police issue in most jurisdictions, am I correct?

Spectre

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
It told me what I already knew.  Building an AR is waste of money.  For the $3,100 it would have cost me I'll take an AK, a bunch of extra 30rd'ers and drums and about 7,500 rounds of Wolf.

I said the same thing to myself when I priced out my 3.7K priced AR

markand

imported post

Sign of these crazy times: virtually every complete upper and lower on the site is sold out.

LEO 229

imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

so I am your enemy?

I personally love the Kalashnikov designs, and that makes me your enemy?

or are you using the same tried and true anti's "evil assault rifle" trick?

thousands of law abiding people use AKs, and thousands of criminals use Glocks, which is standard Police issue in most jurisdictions, am I correct?
Are you a communist from a foreign country at odds with the US?? Because that is my enemy.

I hope you understand that most if not all communist countries use the AK-47 when they shoot at and kill our soldiers.

See for yourself. Take a look at the countries that have adopted this firearm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

So when I say "my enemy", I am referring to those that fight us in combat. Not the non-combatant collector.

Stop getting bent out of shape looking for something that is not there.

Nothing personal. But you are obviously taking it the wrong way. :lol:

Sheriff

imported post

Since I was never a history major, and if we are going to continue down this road, I would like to ask this question..... is there any reason I should dislike all of my UZIs? If the design has ever been used in combat I suppose I could be convinced to toss them in the trash.:D