• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Build your dream AR-15 on-line

LEO 229

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Since I was never a history major, and if we are going to continue down this road, I would like to ask this question..... is there any reason I should dislike all of my UZIs? If the design has ever been used in combat I suppose I could be convinced to toss them in the trash.:D
The difference being... I do not like AK-47s.

I would not mind having an UZI. You can give them to me if they make you feel bad.

And tossing them in the trash would be irresponsible. They could end up in the hands of people that should not have them. Such as children. :uhoh:

Somebody PLEASE think of the children!!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
SNIP ...thousands of criminals use Glocks, which is standard Police issue in most jurisdictions, am I correct?

ROFL!!

No police bashing, please.

:D

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Somebody PLEASE think of the children!!!
"It's for the chilldruun!" (Joycelyn Elders, SGOTUS, BOG) is an invitation to thoughtlessness and entirely appropriate from BOG Brother CLEOTUS.

IIRC BOG SGOTUS was speaking of substituting self-abuse for sex because the BOG ranks are increased by thoughtless concord and not by any sort of congress.

BOG CLEOTUS would give up discrimination for mandated love of the tyrant's teeth.

Prepare to be assimilated by the BOG. Resistance to Obamination is futile. BOG Brothers are watching - OBEY!!

Pamiam

imported post

AKs are way cool. ARs are way cool.

As to the children, SuperSoakers and Nerfs are also way cool. I had a kid just to have a reason to buy those.:p :celebrate

Deanimator

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
It told me what I already knew. Building an AR is waste of money. For the $3,100 it would have cost me I'll take an AK, a bunch of extra 30rd'ers and drums and about 7,500 rounds of Wolf.
I don't think you know nearly as much about ARs OR AKs as you think you do... or you have VERY minimal requirements.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

To envision the circumstance under which one might have to use an AK or and AR, outside of recreation; I'll take the AK.

The AR is 'cool,' I used to have one. But it is only reliable in a sterile laboratory environment. If I find myself in 'need' of my rifle, I strongly doubt that it will be in such a place.

Not to mention, it's a .22. I don't want to injure the target and allow it to continue to shoot back at me, even though mortally wounded. I want the threat neutralized, now.

Saiga .308. Anything else is just hot air and noise.

No, I don't have an opinion about it... :p

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Lets not forget that Bush sold Hamas terrorist several truck loads of AR's.
So we can't claim they also don't belong to the enemy.
I always loved the M14 over the M16 anyways.

Myself, I will make my own left ejection port model with the 308 cal barrrel.
With only the barrel and recoil spring, I think I can cut down on the overall
cost to allow me to load lots of ammo also.
Will have to look into how they do the 3 shot M16 models nowadays.

Wonder how a AR-50 or 75 would handle? Would the bullets change the balance to much?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
It told me what I already knew. Building an AR is waste of money. For the $3,100 it would have cost me I'll take an AK, a bunch of extra 30rd'ers and drums and about 7,500 rounds of Wolf.
I don't think you know nearly as much about ARs OR AKs as you think you do... or you have VERY minimal requirements.

They're both perfectly effective at what they're designed to do, kill people. Buying an AK leaves me with a mountain of money remaing to purchase ammo and magazines. Buying and tricking out an AR leaves me in debt. Last I checked, guns need ammo to be useful. So you show up with your tacticool $7,000ARjamomatic with 19 laser/holo/dot/scope/night vison sights and 7 foregrips and I'll show up with my bone stock $500 AK and spray down the area withthe 20,000 rounds I was able to purchase with the money I saved. By the time I run out of cheap steel cased junk and you can lift your head up to takeaim with your $600 EoTech Holo you'll have starved to death.

I'm talking about the real world here where funds are limited, not mall ninja fantasy landor call of duty/rainbow six/counterstrike/etc where everything is free and weapons never malfunction and AR's are the shyte yo.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have to copy awd on this one. There's a reason (a few really) you don't see third world countries killing each other with AR derivatives.

The AK is mean for the environment of the battlefield. The AR is not. The AR works for tacticool jack-boots who kick down your door, dump a mag into your wife and kids and then call it a day. Prolonged combat in unpleasant places requires a resilliant weapon. Not one that gets used for 20 seconds and then broken down and cleaned.

I heart my saiga .308. Way more accurate than the usual AK, but built just like one. Invincible. .308 SLAP penetrates any known wearable body armor. Woot.

MeBaby

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Since I was never a history major, and if we are going to continue down this road, I would like to ask this question..... is there any reason I should dislike all of my UZIs? If the design has ever been used in combat I suppose I could be convinced to toss them in the trash.:D

And I'll give you an address for a specific trash can and a date and time for you to throw them away! ;);)

Always wanted me one or two of them there Uzis :D

LEO 229

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
The AK is the weapon of my enemy and I would not personally own one myself. It does not do anything for me.
So NATO members Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland and Romania are your enemies?
Yes, they are my enemy!

I do not trust NATO.

ANYONE that owns an AK is either the enemy or a sympathizer. AK owners simply cannot be trusted.

Edit: The above post was written as a joke! It was easy to predict a few would respond to it as they did. People here are far to serious.

For the record, The phrase "The AK is the weapon of my/the enemy" comes from a movie. I cannot recall the title at the moment. I suspect if was Full Metal Jacket.

I honestly do not find them appealing. But if you like them you can have them. I like my AR-15 rifles.

People here are way too uptight!!! :lol:

Sheriff

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
ANYONE that owns an AK is either the enemy or a sympathizer. AK owners simply cannot be trusted.

As the proud owner of several, I must say, you really are the simplest minded person I have ever seen. :shock:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Jeez... P-08 Lugers, P-38 &PPK Walthers,K-98 Mausers... Fought against them too.

"I" personally fought against the AK & SKS, RPK 'n some other stuff... 'n if I had to drag a single weapon around that my life depended on w/o any fancy/schmanzy it'd be the AK. 'Took near 20 years to build this one 'cause theparts weren't made yet.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dustin wrote:
ixtow wrote:
The AR works for tacticool jack-boots who kick down your door, dump a mag into your wife and kids and then call it a day.

What theheck is that supposed to mean !?!?
The two sentences that came right after it made that quite clear.