• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan AG's St. Patricks Day Fundraiser *FREE*

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

This was originally posted by Mike Sessa (bustoff) on ARFcom.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=39&t=349444
Can I get a sound off roll call of who's all going?

OK Guys instead of updating the other thread here is the final information. There's a bit of a change this year in that Mike wants everybody to be able to attend at whatever level they would like so it's an across the board starting time of 5pm for whatever event you would like to attend and whenever you get there after work. I expect the party will run til at least 10 to 10:30, 11. I have already called in an RSVP to Sarah and told her I would write a check at the door for $100 for the St. Pat's Party. Of course I'll be there earlier probably at 5 to mill around and socialize. Click on the link for the actual electronic flier with all the details.

Mike's Irish Party Fundraiser

Please join Attorney General Mike Cox for his Seventh Annual St. Patrick’s Day Party
Friday, March 13, 2009
Laurel Manor • 39000 Schoolcraft Road • Livonia, Michigan 48150
5:00pm – 6:00pm Host Reception
5:00pm – 6:30pm Photo Reception: $500 per person
5:00pm- St. Patrick’s Day Party: $100 per person

You may RSVP to Sarah at to Sarah Prues at 313-586-4314, via email at pruessar@yahoo.com or by fax at 313-922-5001.

Map to Laurel Manor Google Map to Laurel Manor

Webpage for Laurel Manor http://www.laurelmanor.com/
Now if you want to attend for free you will need to go to ARFcom and post in this thread. As of right now there are 3 free spots open, paid for by "borat" (he's a great guy and I know him personally)

If you miss out on the free spots you can still attend for a donation of $100.

So, are you hardcore or are you ALL TALK? ;)

MikeCoxAG007.jpg

viperar15

imported post

yes... its sad. i guess the thing for me is, i dont understand what this party is about / for? maybe i have missed something here... or not read something that explains more about it.

plus i finally got a chance to post.. :p

SemperFiGuy

imported post

How did we miss this? I don't recall seeing this info here. Would have been a good time for a great cause. Is there any other channels through which donations are accepted?

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I'm a terrible conversationalist, awkward in public, and I'm fairly politically unsavvy. Would my presence there be any good?

dougwg

imported post

SemperFiGuy wrote:
How did we miss this? I don't recall seeing this info here. Would have been a good time for a great cause. Is there any other channels through which donations are accepted?
It's next Friday, if you have a suit and $100 you can go too.

Taurus850CIA wrote:
I'm a terrible conversationalist, awkward in public, and I'm fairly politically unsavvy. Would my presence there be any good?
It's next Friday, if you have a suit and $100 you can go too, just stand around and smile.

taxwhat

imported post

dougwg wrote:
SemperFiGuy wrote:

Taurus850CIA wrote:
It's next Friday, if you have a suit and $100 you can go too, just stand around and smile.
What if you cant stand ?

dougwg

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
dougwg wrote:
SemperFiGuy wrote:

Taurus850CIA wrote:
What if you cant stand ?
Then sit around and smile.;)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Doug and I will be going to the fund-raiser on Friday. We will hand hima presentation packet of OC concerns for him to review. Hopefully we can get a chance to talk with him about them as well. Wish us luck.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Good luck, and have fun.

I don't have $100, and I pick up my daughter tomorrow night anyway. Be sure to comment on how it turns out.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Oh man what a great time Doug and I had. We handed off the MOC packet to an aide and had a good time with a few other 2nd amd. advocates. Pictures and more later, it's late and I've had a few too many Scotches. Happy St. Paddy's day.