• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms questions for instructor...

marlin336

imported post

I'm taking my handgun safety course Sunday, March 15 2009. I live in Charleston. I already have a few questions in mind to ask him, but I want to make absolutely sure I ask as many relevant questions as I can.

Does anyone have any ideas? Here's what I have so far:

1) Regarding legality of carrying weapons on Charleston city owned property.
2) Encountering LEO while carrying; what to say/do to keep situation calm while also expressing my rights
3) Who to contact following an experience with infringement of rights
4) CCW in car
5) Where not to carry
6) State and National parks and forrests

I realize that (at least I think) I know most of the answers to the questions above, but the person giving the class is a retired State Trooper. The way I look at it, no matter what the laws are, we need to know ahead of time how LEO's interpret and practice these laws in order to prepare for any encounter with them.

So, any ideas or questions I should ask besides the above?

James

imported post

What I was getting at is, you can ask different people the same question and get several different answers. I am willing to bet some of the answers to the above questions will be murkey at best.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Won't come up much, but....
If you are traveling in a must notify state, and the leo takes your gun,
are you required to tell him about the other ones?:X