• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liberty University opens gun range to students

Neplusultra

imported post

kenny wrote:
You gotta get that hair out of your eyes or either stand down wind. Was that your good side?
Everytime I see your avatar I think of the line: "No matter how responsible he may seem, never, never, give a loaded handgun to a monkey". Just so funny.

isaiah

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Who used the range before they let students use it?

Was the reporter hot?
It's the University's PD range. Right now, they're opening it for students from 1pm to dusk on Thursdays and Fridays.

...She had a nice camera.

Neplusultra wrote:
Are you going to sign it "Gillis" or "Jillis"?
Apparently I go by both names. I have more practice signing "Gillis", though.

Neplusultra

imported post

Anyway, I think it's great that LU is making the range available to students. Not exactly what we wanted but it shows something positive in their attitude. I'm sure they have big liability concerns with letting firearms on campus. This is very uncharted water and it may be awhile before they feel comfortable with the idea.