• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Big Crowd at the Gunshow

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

gunshow-640x480.jpg

curtiswr

imported post

Good god, now I'm very glad I didn't go. :shock:

Only stands that have anything left are probably the beef jerky and cheap knives?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

It was a pretty good show. There were NO large rifle primers but I managed to talk one of the loading guys out of his last 2000 federals from his personal stock.

I bought 500 45ACP's before I got in the door!

Picked up a couple hundred 45 Long Colt unprimed Brass and a few dies.

Got a vest to use as a photography vest and two new holsters.

I think it was 60 Minutes that was there, INSIDE, filming. Philip was with them so I suppose it was a good story.

Couldn't find a single loophole though:banghead:

This may well be OBAMA'S stimulus plan at work.:uhoh:

I stopped at one booth to see if they had a magazine I was looking for. There were a bunch of scruffy looking guys working there and one skinhead looking fellow. I waved him over and asked him if they had it. He mumbled something about his only job being runnung background checks.

I wondered how someone could be such a slug and not get stepped on. Then I looked up at the sign....DARK SUN! That explains it all.

Ammo was going out of that place like you wouldn't believe. Someone made some money today.

LEO 229

imported post

The one in Chantilly has been much longer than normal since November!

Obama has done something to boost sales! :lol:

AaronT

imported post

when i was there Sat. about 10:30am... look at that pic and imagine nothing but cars.
i got in ok, but getting out took at least 30 min.

i got permission to get more ammo so going back today, i'll say hi to vcdl guys.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

AaronT wrote:
when i was there Sat. about 10:30am... look at that pic and imagine nothing but cars.
i got in ok, but getting out took at least 30 min.

i got permission to get more ammo so going back today, i'll say hi to vcdl guys.
I might go back this afternoon also. I have to attend my granddaughters birthday party first:(

W.E.G.

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
The one in Chantilly has been much longer than normal since November!

Obama has done something to boost sales! :lol:

They now have FIVE money-takers at the Chantilly show.

The lines are long, but they move pretty fast considering the number of attendees.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

It was a very busy show. Lots of interest in our Utah permit course. Also quite a few requests for handgun shooting lessons.

The ND sound of that tire popping definitely caused a hush throughout the room. I've never heard that many people get that quiet so fast......sadly, the day IS COMING that the sound isnt from a tire. The amount of people doing stupid stuff with guns grows. I watched from a short distance as a woman picked up a Glock, pointedit at the dealer and pulled the trigger....scary.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
It was a very busy show. Lots of interest in our Utah permit course. Also quite a few requests for handgun shooting lessons.

The ND sound of that tire popping definitely caused a hush throughout the room. I've never heard that many people get that quiet so fast......sadly, the IS COMING that the sound isnt from a tire. The amount of people doing stupid stuff with guns grows. I watched from a short distance as a woman picked up a Glock, pointedit at the dealer and pulled the trigger....scary.

It was busier than I thought. I was in three times and didn't see ypu. Sorry!

I gave my last AR to my son so I bought some parts for my black shotgun. It is a little blacker now.

I also got a mount so I can put a laser on my 12 ga pistol. Life is full of toys.:lol:

ProShooter

imported post

peter nap wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

The ND sound of that tire popping definitely caused a hush throughout the room. I've never heard that many people get that quiet so fast......sadly, the IS COMING that the sound isnt from a tire. The amount of people doing stupid stuff with guns grows. I watched from a short distance as a woman picked up a Glock, pointedit at the dealer and pulled the trigger....scary.

It was busier than I thought. I was in three times and didn't see ypu. Sorry!
No problem. Sorry that I missed you. Just look for the bright red Proactive Shooters banner. We are at every gun show in Richmond.

pinkyred

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I watched from a short distance as a woman picked up a Glock, pointed it at the dealer and pulled the trigger....scary.

Wow :cuss:

Neplusultra

imported post

ProShooter wrote:

The ND sound of that tire popping definitely caused a hush throughout the room. I've never heard that many people get that quiet so fast......sadly, the day IS COMING that the sound isnt from a tire. The amount of people doing stupid stuff with guns grows. I watched from a short distance as a woman picked up a Glock, pointedit at the dealer and pulled the trigger....scary.
I think this may be due to a lot of people who have zero training/experience with guns looking to buy a gun before they are banned for good :^). Even my sister had said she was thinking of buying one since the big O got elected!

ProShooter

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

I think this may be due to a lot of people who have zero training/experience with guns looking to buy a gun before they are banned for good :^). Even my sister had said she was thinking of buying one since the big O got elected!

You may be right.

I saw the same thing happen with a rifle a few months ago at a gun show. I tried to educate the 'gentleman' in some firearms safety. His response, was "Ah, whaddya YOU know about it? I've handled guns all my life"

and what's sad is, I'm sure that he has....