• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

(Non OC) Armed police reserves in VA

Chuckles

imported post

BUBB4H wrote:
Wait. We had a wallet stolen not too long ago from our office and the unit that showed up had a guy wearing an auxiliary patch.  He was armed.  This was in McLean. Fairfax County PD.

The armed part has to be an anomaly. Most auxiliary police forces are not allowed to carry arms for one reason or another. I know in Loudoun even the concealed carry permit holders are not allowed to carry when on duty as a sheriff auxiliary.

gcrtkd

imported post

Innnnteresting. What hand was he writing with and which side was the "gun"/TASER on?

Rey

imported post

He didn't write. The other fella did. He did say a lot of this kind of thing happens around here (wallet theft from businesses). Yada yada. It was on the right.

LEO 229

imported post

Probably a taser..... If he was not armed I guess it would not matter what side it was on. No way to mistake it as his pistol if he did not have one. ;)

Right side could mean he is left handed. :p