• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hasn't been a problem

marine77

imported post

I've started OC'ing here within the last two months. And anytime i'm out and legal

i carry. I haven't had any problems (thank god) with anybody as far as carrying goes.

I just returned recently from nashville with my wife, and stayed at a hotel next to the

airport, we went to Opry Mills, all while i was OC'ing. I've never been rousted by

anybody so far, police don't mess with me, just the sudden double take or the deer

in the headlight look:what:. I love it.:celebrate

marine77

imported post

I made it a point to look at all the light posts in the parking lot and on the doors

as I have never been there before, so made it a point to look. I didn't see one sign

anyplace that i went, i was very concious of this, also the security of opry mills came

walking by me real close as i was wearing in the food court, he went by and nary

a word.

dkirby

imported post

That's odd, because if you enter in through Bass Pro Shops (the only store I go to there), as you leave the store to enter the mall, there is a big sign (not the legal one) that says no firearms allowed past this point. Next time I'm down that way I'll look for proper signs, I had just assumed it was posted since all the other malls in this area are.

marine77

imported post

I think the bass pro shops are the ones where they don't want a person to carry,

I THINK, don't quote me.

marine77

imported post

Well Springer, i've read the ETA opinon that you gave. I've also read the thread that

you posted. That's all well and fine about Opry Mills, but if that is there policy they

need to put up signs. Like i said before, because i had not been there before i was

looking for signs that would let me know if i couldn't carry. Where i went into the mall

i didn't see no signs at all. If it is their policy, fine. When they ask, i would have left,

but untill they put up signs i would have still carry like i did. The security that

passed me, more than likely (like almost everybody else) didn't notice the gun at my

side.

TnPapa

Opt-Out Members
imported post

As you enter the doors look to your right or left. There are signs prohibiting carry in the mall on the wall in small letters. Code of conduct or some such nonsense.

KBCraig

imported post

TnPapa wrote:
As you enter the doors look to your right or left. There are signs prohibiting carry in the mall on the wall in small letters. Code of conduct or some such nonsense.

Any property owner wishing to give notice is obliged to make it effective notice that is conspicuous to visitors.

It's never incumbent on anyone to seek out, stop, and read fine print.

FLMason

imported post

Tn has legal requirements for "no gun sings" not just store policy that all private propertyowners have to follow if they wish to not allow hand guns on there property

marine77

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
TnPapa wrote:

Any property owner wishing to give notice is obliged to make it effective notice that is conspicuous to visitors.

It's never incumbent on anyone to seek out, stop, and read fine print.
Plus it's not in accordance with state law.

putmanphoto

imported post

I am from the Nashville area and the signs at Opry Mills are not legal, butthey do have postings- they are actually the red slash signs - and they are posted everywhere.. I have seen them on the entrances of the mall, the movie entrances, when you leave Bass pRo going into the mall, and also at the entrance where the Nike store is located.

FLMason

imported post

[align=justify](a) An individual, corporation, business entity or local, state or federal government entity or agent thereof is authorized to prohibit the possession of weapons by any person otherwise authorized by §§ 39-17-1351 — 39-17-1360, at meetings conducted by, or on property owned, operated, or managed or under the control of the individual, corporation, business entity or government entity. Notice of the prohibition shall be posted. Posted notices shall be displayed in prominent locations, including all entrances primarily used by persons entering the building, portion of the building or buildings where weapon possession is prohibited. If the possession of weapons is also prohibited on the premises of the property as well as within the confines of a building located on the property, the notice shall be posted at all entrances to the premises that are primarily used by persons entering the property. The notice shall be in English but a notice may also be posted in any language used by patrons, customers or persons who frequent the place where weapon possession is prohibited. In addition to the sign, notice may also include the international circle and slash symbolizing the prohibition of the item within the circle. [/align]

[align=justify]The sign shall be of a size that is plainly visible to the average person entering the building, premises or property and shall contain language substantially similar to the following:[/align]

[align=justify]PURSUANT TO § 39-17-1359, THE OWNER/OPERATOR OF THIS PROPERTY HAS BANNED WEAPONS ON THIS PROPERTY, OR WITHIN THIS BUILDING OR THIS PORTION OF THIS BUILDING. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS PROHIBITION IS PUNISHABLE AS A CRIMINAL ACT UNDER STATE LAW AND MAY SUBJECT THE VIOLATOR TO A FINE OF NOT MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500).[/align]

[align=justify](b) Nothing in this section shall be construed to alter, reduce or eliminate any civil or criminal liability that a property owner or manager may have for injuries arising on their property.[/align]

[align=justify](c) Any posted notice being used by a local, state or federal governmental entity on July 1, 2000, that is in substantial compliance with the provisions of subsection (a) of this section may continue to be used by the governmental entity.[/align]

[align=justify](d) The provisions of this section shall not apply to title 70 regarding wildlife laws, rules and regulations.[/align]

If it is not a legal notice just keep on walking and shopping until asked to leave.:celebrate