• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idiot news reporter on KTVX Channel 4

rpyne

imported post

http://tinyurl.com/b3gya9

"Police also won't say who the gun was registered to, ..."

Last I knew both state and federal law prohibited any "registry". Not that the law has ever stopped BATFE or FBI (NICS) from doing whatever they like.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...y-shot-and-killed/74sDOM3e3UqPUhVH2o1ghA.cspx

PROVO, Utah (ABC 4 News)-A 16-year-old girl from Provo was shot and killed in the basement of a friend's home Friday night. It appears as if a 13-year-old boy accidentally killed her. Provo Senior Police Officer David Moore says,” One of the teens produced a firearm and the teenagers were playing around with that firearm. It
discharged and struck the 16-year-old female in the head.”

Thegirl died after she was shot with a handgun. Investigators aren't saying where the shooting took place only that it was at a home on the northeast side of town. Police won't sayif the gunwas carried inside the house or was already in the home.

Police do not believe this was a premeditated shooting. Moore says,” The preliminary investigation indicates that it was accidental that it was not intentional.” Police are not releasing the name of either teen. They say they'll talk about this case again sometime Monday.

scorpioajr

imported post

fedup wrote:
thank god we are here to correct everybody

Personally, I would rather operate my day to day life with correct information in my head. i mean, would you like to know if you were breaking the law ? I would. I don't want to act outside the confines of laws that are changing every year (seemingly): On the other end of the spectrum; i would think it would be beneficial when one is corrected. This way they can operate on the same page as everyone else.

Unless you are done learning of course. Are you done learning?

rpyne

imported post

scorpioajr wrote:
I don't want to act outside the confines of laws that are changing every year (seemingly):
Fortunately, the ongoing changes in gun laws here in Utah is that with a few notable exceptions they are becoming less restrictive every year. Anything you could do legally last year relating to guns, you can do this year. Starting in mid May you will be able to carry in ways and places your couldn't before.

The point with this reporter is that there has NEVER been any kind of gun registration requirement in Utah.