• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can i come into Nc OC

fire_man2340

imported post

I have a question i live in Danville, Va. and when i ride motorcycles i go to Greensboro, High Point, andHillsboro.and i Open Carry every time i ride, i have never been stop but on the other hand i neverreally seen anypolice either, so can i Open Carry inthem area's and/or any where in Nc. B/C if I cant then i need/going to stop. If you can help PZ

acritical

imported post

Yes, you are perfectly legal to OC in NC coming from Va. or any other state as far as that is concerned. No special requirements, except for Chapel Hill, where I believe they have the 6" rule, stating from tip of barrel to furthest tip of grip has to be a minimum of 6" in order to OC.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

Just a clarification on Chapel Hill.
They don't measure the longest distance for the length. The measurement is greater than 6'' from the tip of the barrel to the imaginary line that the back of the grip makes with the slide. If your weapon doesn't have a grip, then it is 6'' min from end to where you hold it.

A glock 19/23/32 is 6.8'' with their measuring system.