• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can i come into Nc and OC if im from Va.

fire_man2340

imported post

I have a question i live in Danville, Va. and when i ride motorcycles i go to Greensboro, High Point, andHillsboro.and i Open Carry every time i ride, i have never been stop but on the other hand i neverreally seen anypolice either, so can i Open Carry inthem area's and/or any where in Nc. B/C if I cant then i need/going to stop. If you can help PZ

johnfenter

imported post

ALSO... since you don't have a NC Permit, you should beware of OC or CC in "Gun Free School Zones", since by entering one you will be committing a Federal crime. See 18USC922 part q.

abbradsh

imported post

As long as he is on private property:

From 18USC922 q
Code:
(2)(A) It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to
possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects
interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual
knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.
(B) Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the possession of a
firearm -
(i) on private property not part of school grounds;