Thread: A Belief System an Armed Man Can Belive In

Post imported post

Shelve your bibles, books of mormon, korans, dianetics, bhagavad gitas, torahs, and tao te chings. I have finally founda rational book of wisdom for the armed, responsible and thoughtful man.

The prophet Heinlein, peace be upon him,through his avatar Lazarus Long has shown me the way.

-Always store beer in a dark place

-Place your clothes and weaponswhere you can find them in the dark

-Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proved innocent

-Never underestimate human stupidity

-Never try to out stuborn a cat

-A human being should be able to change a daiper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-If the universe has any purpose more important than topping a woman you love and making a baby with her hearty help, I've never heard of it.

-Rub her feet

-Little girls, like butterfliesneed no excuse

-One man's theology is another man's belly laugh

These thoughts and many more can be yours for just a small $love$ gift. I swear by my pretty floral bonnet that from this day forth I will never be without a copy of this good book and the words within it. All praise "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long"!

So say me all.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Thank you. I pray that those who have held R. A. Heinlein, and all of his works, dear for 50 years will be acknowledged as prescient and honored for their foresight. Heinlein belongs in the Olympian panoply with Ayn Rand, and Lazarus Long with John Gault.

Post imported post

Services will be held this coming Saturday at the tap room of your choosing. Donations will be accepted by the publican.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

And so endith the First Lesson.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

grumpycoconut wrote:
    Services will be held this coming Saturday at the tap room of your choosing. Donations will be accepted by the publican.
    And there you go ruining it.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    grumpycoconut wrote:
    The prophet Heinlein, peace be upon him, warns us, "Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proved innocent."

This goes for me too. At least donating to the publican gets us strong drink in return.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

grumpycoconut wrote:
    At least donating to the publican gets us strong drink in return.
    Perhaps the only path to 'bliss' for us that reject haplessness. I am fortunate that my Mayor and political guru is also my favorite publican.

Is no one else fascinated by the change in meaning of 'publican' caused by the addition of the prefix 're'? Re-publican

When you visit I will be pleased to host and hoist with you to the memory of Robert Anson Heinlein.

'My' Island is the single largest consumer of Angostura Bitters in the world by orders of magnitude. Strong drink is good for you!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

grumpycoconut wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    grumpycoconut wrote:
    The prophet Heinlein, peace be upon him, warns us, "Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proved innocent."

This goes for me too. At least donating to the publican gets us strong drink in return.
    In that case I'm in.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Is no one else fascinated by the change in meaning of 'publican' caused by the addition of the prefix 're'? Re-publican

I did use the word"publican" for a reason.