• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Belief System an Armed Man Can Belive In

grumpycoconut

imported post

Shelve your bibles, books of mormon, korans, dianetics, bhagavad gitas, torahs, and tao te chings. I have finally founda rational book of wisdom for the armed, responsible and thoughtful man.

The prophet Heinlein, peace be upon him,through his avatar Lazarus Long has shown me the way.

-Always store beer in a dark place

-Place your clothes and weaponswhere you can find them in the dark

-Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proved innocent

-Never underestimate human stupidity

-Never try to out stuborn a cat

-A human being should be able to change a daiper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-If the universe has any purpose more important than topping a woman you love and making a baby with her hearty help, I've never heard of it.

-Rub her feet

-Little girls, like butterfliesneed no excuse

-One man's theology is another man's belly laugh

These thoughts and many more can be yours for just a small $love$ gift. I swear by my pretty floral bonnet that from this day forth I will never be without a copy of this good book and the words within it. All praise "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long"!

So say me all.

grumpycoconut

imported post

Venator wrote:
grumpycoconut wrote:
Services will be held this coming Saturday at the tap room of your choosing. Donations will be accepted by the publican.
And there you go ruining it.:(

The prophet Heinlein, peace be upon him, warns us, "Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proved innocent."

This goes for me too. At least donating to the publican gets us strong drink in return.:)

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

grumpycoconut wrote:
At least donating to the publican gets us strong drink in return.:)
Perhaps the only path to 'bliss' for us that reject haplessness. I am fortunate that my Mayor and political guru is also my favorite publican.

Is no one else fascinated by the change in meaning of 'publican' caused by the addition of the prefix 're'? Re-publican

When you visit I will be pleased to host and hoist with you to the memory of Robert Anson Heinlein.

'My' Island is the single largest consumer of Angostura Bitters in the world by orders of magnitude. Strong drink is good for you!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

grumpycoconut wrote:
Venator wrote:
grumpycoconut wrote:
Services will be held this coming Saturday at the tap room of your choosing. Donations will be accepted by the publican.
And there you go ruining it.:(

The prophet Heinlein, peace be upon him, warns us, "Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proved innocent."

This goes for me too. At least donating to the publican gets us strong drink in return.:)
In that case I'm in.:)