• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

frustration

old dog

imported post

[align=left][/align]Tried twice this a.m. to contact both Uncle Mike's and Serpa -- to no avail.

Uncle Mike's displayed no e-mail option. Serpa displayed some promising links but each one defaulted to a blank screen.

I'm just looking for a holster. If they don't want questions from the public why don't they say so?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

old dog wrote:
[align=left]
Tried twice this a.m. to contact both Uncle Mike's and Serpa -- to no avail.

Uncle Mike's displayed no e-mail option. Serpa displayed some promising links but each one defaulted to a blank screen.

I'm just looking for a holster. If they don't want questions from the public why don't they say so?

Well personally I'd stay away from Serpa, but I've gotten Blackhawk! on the phone multiple times and both times they quickly and accurately answered my questions. I've never had to call Uncle Mike's because it's pretty easy to find out which holster would match your firearm.[/align]
Why don't you let us know what type of firearm you need a holster for, and perhaps we can help! :)

markand

imported post

These are unusual times we are living in. Makers of firearms, ammunition and other gun related supplies are being hammered. I looked for handgun ammo at WalMart yesterday and was disturbed to find not a single round of any common handgun caliber on the shelf. Only a couple of boxes of .25ACP. A local gun store wasn't much better, with several of the gun cases almost empty. What ammo I did find ran 3 to 5 times the cost of the same item a couple of years ago.

All this is great for the gun industry, the one bright spot in the Obama economy, but tough on civilian gun owners. Military ammo use is up over the last few years and police departments are militarizing and consuming huge quantities of ammo to train, qualify and fortify existing SWAT teams and put new ones in place (whether this is a good thing is a topic for another thread).

Bottom line is you're going to have to be patient with any seller of gun related stuff. And be prepared for no stock, long waits and vastly higher prices for whatever you do find.

old dog

imported post

I need a belt holster, preferably suede-lined leather, for an N-frame .44 Smith, 3-inch barrel. I can't imagine it should be so difficult.

In my salad days there were several suppliers of high-quality holsters for this type of weapon. I understand this is the era of the self-loader but surely there is still something out there for us old-timers.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

old dog wrote:
I need a belt holster, preferably suede-lined leather, for an N-frame .44 Smith, 3-inch barrel. I can't imagine it should be so difficult.

In my salad days there were several suppliers of high-quality holsters for this type of weapon. I understand this is the era of the self-loader but surely there is still something out there for us old-timers.
Whats the model number? It'll make searching a lot easier.