• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gillibrand spreads 'em for anti-gunners

spy1

imported post

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=774461&category=REGION - "Gillibrand backs gun control bill" (very misleading title):

"WASHINGTON — In her first vote on the issue since being appointed to the Senate, Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., on Thursday voted to reject a measure that would expand gun rights."

and

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/ny-usgill2612494997feb26,0,6267394.story?track=rss

"In turnaround, Gillibrand backs key gun-control issue

WASHINGTON - Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand made her turnaround on a key gun-control issue official this week: She signed a letter seeking repeal of the NRA-backed Tiahrt Amendments, even though she sought to make them permanent just last June.

The letter, made public Wednesday, asks Attorney General Eric Holder for his support for the repeal of Tiahrt, an appropriations bill amendment that since 2003 has restricted use of federal gun-trace data.

The letter was written and circulated by Gillibrand's most outspoken critic: Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-Mineola), a gun-control activist.."

Didn't take her long to start whoring for Schumer and Bloomberg, did it? Pete

Huck

imported post

Hmmm... A politician changes her position ona subjectafter she gets the appointment she wanted. Like this is something new? Granted, not all of them do itbut it happens ofton enough to where it dos'nt surprise me.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Why is it that every time a woman supports gun control, 2nd Amendment supporters have some sort of crass or sexist remark about it? It's ridiculous and shows a lack of class.

Take a look at a youtube video about any woman who supports gun control and look at the comments. See how many times "whore," "bitch," etc come up. It's ridiculous.

Stop it!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I guess I'm sexist... When I saw the headline, I assumed that it was a male spreading his butt cheeks... Anti-gun males are a bunch of 'mos, right?

What sort of @$$hole politician would be a woman?

[flamesuit on]

redlegagent

imported post

It amazes me how people are shocked by the fact that a senator who was endorsed by another senator - who just happens to be the most anti-gun senator out there - turns around and stiffs the pro-gun community. I mean, open you eyes people, not rocket science here. Politics is a practical profession and the price for the big seat in a gun-regulated state is go with the flow. As to the sexist undertones, would saying the only "wide open spaces" the Dixie Chicks know are between their ears and legs be considered sexist. :quirky

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
See how many times "whore," "bitch," etc come up.

Stop it!
Point taken, however, in the absence of useful gender-specific commentary on males of the sort, I feel that such an attack is merely a more specific kind of insult.

And as for anti-gun... I'm not sure there is such thing as an insult adequate for such a person, and accept any and all that I hear. I am never bothered by a person trying to accurately name an anti-gunner. Simply lobbing out the term "whore" or "bitch" just describes a lack of creativity. Or a known lack of any proper word in mortal tongue, so why try?

I do not afford equal status to those who have deliberately lowered themselves. I have no problem with any and all demeaning commentary that is tossed at them. they deserve so much worse.