• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Church Shooting in Illinois

ne1

imported post

I carried in church today, and am even more resolved to do so in the future.

conservative85

imported post

Liberal: Gee! Why do all the mass shootings take place in the places where there are no guns allowed?

Gun owner: Because the bad guy knows there will be no risk, unarmed law biding people are easy prey.

Bleeding heart Liberal: Well we need to pass more laws to make sure this never happens again!

Liberal Politician: The public outcry demands a call for the total ban on all firarms for the Common good!

Conservative: All evil needs to suceed is for law biding citizens to do nothing! We all have the right to keep and bear arms and it shall not be infringed! Not by Govt., & not by other citizens. All gun owners need to unite and start carrying every where. As Citizens & Consumers we have alot of Collective barganing power, if "They" don't like it then we need not congregate in their church, or to do commerce in their store, or elect them to congress.

SQLtables

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
Conservative: All evil needs to suceed is for law biding citizens to do nothing! We all have the right to keep and bear arms and it shall not be infringed! Not by Govt., & not by other citizens. All gun owners need to unite and start carrying every where. As Citizens & Consumers we have alot of Collective barganing power, if "They" don't like it then we need not congregate in their church,  or to do commerce in their store, or elect them to congress.

Amen! Unfortunately, there's far too few people who think that way

conservative85

imported post

I think we need to upgrade our meets to shopping,and other places of buisness. Like movie theaters, department stores, parks, cars shows, and other populated areas where we can stop and talk with other people in larger groups.

Michigander

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
I think we need to upgrade our meets to shopping,and other places of buisness. Like movie theaters, department stores, parks, cars shows, and other populated areas where we can stop and talk with other people in larger groups.
That is the job of each of us when we are on our own. I have talked to countless people who see me carrying. However, it might be a good idea to do such a meeting for those who wouldn't normally feel comfortable OCing in such an atmosphere.

I suppose my idea of a Cabelas meeting is sort of along those lines. I especially like how much attention we could get as a group, from sportsmen who aren't even aware of OCing.

tygereye

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
I for one would be up for this...

conservative85

imported post

My main point about the shopping & browsing is that we can only educate a few people at the resturant who may pass by or sit near us, but at car shows which are free for the most part, and Cabelas is that we can walk as a group or spread out and run in to more people at a time! I would be all for a Cabelas, that is a great idea!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

custom.45acp wrote:
What about flea markets or parades? We should have plenty of those popping up all over the place this time of the year.

Custom.45acp

The 2009 Tulip Festival May 2-9, might be an excellent place to have an MOC event. Actually, the festival begins Friday evening, May 1, with fireworks. You have over one month to plan an MOC Event if you choose to do so. There are several MOC'ersover on the west side of the state that may attend.

http://holland.org/