• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Toy!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Yup. It's an SKS. That takes AK mags. From the factory. Still haven't been able to take it out shooting.

3304277081_ec3f01c890.jpg

Mad Pick

imported post

Wow, cool gun.

That's like carrying an entire tree around, with a few metal bits on it. :D

triehl27

imported post

I got one too, took my first deer with it.

Unfortunetly now that ammo isn't $89 a 1000, it gets shot a lot less.

It was my first "Real" Rifle. Love it. It was $149 with 2 5rnd mags and 3 30 rnd mags back in 92? i think.

Saw one last year for $199 at champion, and hesitated due to my absolute hatred of dealing with or giving $ to Champion arms.

Still debate that one mentally in my head. IF it had been at just about any other story I wouldn't have thought twice.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

triehl27 wrote:
I got one too, took my first deer with it.

Unfortunetly now that ammo isn't $89 a 1000, it gets shot a lot less.

It was my first "Real" Rifle. Love it. It was $149 with 2 5rnd mags and 3 30 rnd mags back in 92? i think.

Saw one last year for $199 at champion, and hesitated due to my absolute hatred of dealing with or giving $ to Champion arms.

Still debate that one mentally in my head. IF it had been at just about any other story I wouldn't have thought twice.
I would have jumped on that, simply for the price. Some things transcend bad service.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I'm detecting large amounts of jealousy here:p Is this a good time to mention my nearly pristine Russian SKS that is a friggin' tack driver? You all can have your sheet metal guns. I'll stick with good machined steel thank you.

compmanio365

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
I'm detecting large amounts of jealousy here:p Is this a good time to mention my nearly pristine Russian SKS that is a friggin' tack driver? You all can have your sheet metal guns. I'll stick with good machined steel thank you.
My "sheet metal" AK will keep shooting long after your SKS catches on fire from all that wood, thankyouverymuch. :p

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
My "sheet metal" AK will keep shooting long after your SKS catches on fire from all that wood, thankyouverymuch. :p
Uh huh. How many stories of burning AK handguards have you heard of, compared to flaming SKS handguards?

mb419

imported post

Nice purchase Steve. Where'd you get it and how much? I've got one too that I bought a long time ago. You know, I've got 6 AKs but that SKS M is the one that I have next to the bed to grab if I hear something at night. For some reason, it just feels more reliable.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

mb419 wrote:
Nice purchase Steve. Where'd you get it and how much? I've got one too that I bought a long time ago. You know, I've got 6 AKs but that SKS M is the one that I have next to the bed to grab if I hear something at night. For some reason, it just feels more reliable.
Bought it from a friend, and for cheap too!

Yah I like my SKS'. I'm tweaking the stock a bit to make it "fit" a bit nicer. Shaving down the area alongside the handguard so the stock is nearly flus with the handguard, not sticking out 1/4 of an inch on each side... that sort of thing.

Probably gonna strip the finish and redo it in a walnut stain.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I'm sorry dude, I didn't know you actually drove a pinto.:lol:sv_libertarian wrote:
Dude, when was the last time anyone told you that you were an ass?:p(See the smiley makes it better)
Actually I don't, but that's ok. I figure if you don't know anything about SKS rifles I should be forgiving. Listening to the ARFCOM folks is a bad way to learn anything.