• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ax Attack back in feb.

triehl27

imported post

Axe attack in Burien back in Feb. Very local to me, just heard about it, been out sick for 4 weeks. Perfect example why I carry. Crime doesn't wait for your schedule to be open or you to expect it.
http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_020909WAB-burien-ax-attack-KC.3712db3f.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/399661_ax12.html?source=rss

http://www.b-townblog.com/2009/02/11/burien-man-charged-in-schucks-auto-erratic-ax-attack/

If this is a repost I apolgize, been out of it for a month.

I will give the customer major props, going against a axe wielding drug crazed subject usually doesn't go well for the non axe wielding person.

Mad Pick

imported post

Wow . . . that crazy bastard is lucky that someone in the store wasn't packing . . . .

triehl27

imported post

Ok feeding from the last post:

Ok if OC'ers get stopped for carrying a HOLSTERED firearm minding their own business, YOU DON"T THINK YOU MIGHT WANNA STOP THE WACKED OUT GUY WALKING THROUGH TOWN WITH AN AXE IN HAND?????

OC'ers have it holstered. Guy walking through a metropolitan area with an AXE in hand kinda qualifies for "ALARM and CONCERN" Mind you this guy was NOT acting normal at all. He'd already caused scenes before the AXE part.

Triple Tap

imported post

triehl27 wrote:

Ok if OC'ers get stopped for carrying a HOLSTERED firearm minding their own business, YOU DON"T THINK YOU MIGHT WANNA STOP THE WACKED OUT GUY WALKING THROUGH TOWN WITH AN AXE IN HAND?????

OC'ers have it holstered. Guy walking through a metropolitan area with an AXE in hand kinda qualifies for "ALARM and CONCERN" Mind you this guy was NOT acting normal at all. He'd already caused scenes before the AXE part.

So would a holstered Ax be ok?

Yes they make holsters for backpacking. LOL

Decoligny

imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
triehl27 wrote:

Yes they make holsters for backpacking. LOL
Shouldn't be treated any differently than a sheathed knife, or a holstered gun.

cynicist

imported post

There is a actually a subculture that prefers the Ax. The "jugallos," followers of the "rap" group the Insane Clown Posse, carry axes in holsters. The ICP has a lot of lyrics about using axes, a the jugallos imitates this. A rusty ax is preferred, and they do actually carry them in holsters. There's even a gang in Tacoma called the Hatcher Riders.
I think it's ripe time for ax control.

Rizzin

imported post

Axe control means using two hands?
lol.gif

Sorry could not help myself :celebrate

I am still wondering when blades will starting getting the same attention as firearms, both the good and the bad. They have had quite a bit of the bad already bad in that nobody much raises any kind of fuss when bladed weapons are banned from locations or restricted in size or shape. Sense when is a blade not an "Arm" to possess and bare the same as any firearm?

(And you should see the nice Danish War Axe I own)

Triple Tap

imported post

Rizzin wrote:
Axe control means using two hands?
lol.gif

Sorry could not help myself :celebrate

I am still wondering when blades will starting getting the same attention as firearms, both the good and the bad. They have had quite a bit of the bad already bad in that nobody much raises any kind of fuss when bladed weapons are banned from locations or restricted in size or shape. Sense when is a blade not an "Arm" to possess and bare the same as any firearm?

(And you should see the nice Danish War Axe I own)
Wheres the picture ? This is still an OC topic...LOL