• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have OC experience around Greensboro/Burlington?

SmithErick

imported post

I have taken care of all my concealed carry stuff and I am just playing the waiting game with the county sheriff's dept. until my permit is finished.

I am wondering if anyone has OC'ed in the Greensboro and Burlington area?

SmithErick

imported post

I guess I just have to get myself prepared for it. I am 21 and look young therefore Im sure I will get some looks.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

I have OCed at a number of gas stations in the B'boro area without any problems.
Don't spend too much time in the area though, as I'm usually just headed to or from my brother's.

Kivuli

imported post

I live in Greensboro and OC frequently with no problems. The usual assortment of funny looks, curious questions, and such, but no LEO has even batted an eye at me.

ocgso

imported post

I OC in and around GSO all the time. I carry every evening and every weekend.

I get a lot of questions, but have never been asked to leave a store and never been hassled by LEO. I have been OCing in the area for about 6 months.

If I ever do get hassled or asked to leave a business, I will definitely put the story on OCDO.

SmithErick

imported post

Sounds good. Ill just suck it up and "pop the cherry" for the first time OC'ing. I have another 2 month wait until my CCP arrives.

Ratt402

imported post

Good luck to you! I myself live in Greensboro and have just started to OC as well. I haven't taken my CC class yet but am planning on it as I like having the option. I have not been given any problems yet, but unlike yourself, I am 44 and as much as it is wrong, would probably get less looks than yourself being 18. Just try and be professional about it, and if confronted, smile, bite your tongue (as I am sure we all have to from time to time) and be your best with a nice, courteous answer, be pleasant and easy going, not confrontational. (gheesh, I am damn glad for spell-check in here! haha) I know it is a lotto have to do when you haven't done anything wrong, but if we want to put out that just because we carry a gun, we are not the bad guys, it is going to take some extra work on our part to make sure he correct message is being put out.

Please, if anyone feels different, let me know. I just want the public to not look at guns in a bad way, just in a more informed way, that good guys have guns as well.

Semper Fi!

jp49911

imported post

I'm 26 and look a little young for my age (I'm 5'3"), I've been OCing for about a month and I carry everywhere I'm legally permitted. Walmart, stores, restaurants etc. Haven't had any problems. I get looks from time to time; comments every now and then (some good, some not so much) and It's actually struck up a few friendly conversations for me.

Ratt402

imported post

I have carried in Wally-World a few times and have had my grandson with me as well when I did. I didn't get nary a look. I have also carried in the grocery store, the gas station and a few other places.