Thread: Boberg Engineering Firearms

Post imported post

Now this is a pretty rad looking design. I think I would definitely like to try one out when they officially start production.

http://bobergengineering.com/

Anyone else hear anything about this firearm/company?

Post imported post

I'm glad they're trying to keep their 9mm under $1K:?

Post imported post

cool handgun d-dawg...but really worth close to 1k? i mean think for the same money you could almost buy 4 pf9's..or you know me..an hkp2000sk and a pf9 for 1k...thought you were outta your 9mm phase.......

oh and its peanut butter jelly time!!!:celebrate

Post imported post

Under $1K USD....WOW.

IMHO, save your money. Look for a nearly new Star Firestar M-43 at a gun show. All steel 9mm, 7+1 SAO. Probably find one for about $300-350. Use the rest of the money for ammo.

Post imported post

heard good things about stars..even stars ive dealt with in my former line of work...the POS ones even still felt solid..i think for a used hanfgun under $200 a person can do waaaaayyyyyy worse then star products...only problem is when they break..well good luck finding parts...almost bought a 1911 clone of one in 9mm...&$135....fed HP's no problem..but main and only safety was a little sloppy for me.... was like the Ballester Molina..my first pistol ...man i miss that wonderful old girl, so damn realiable..just had to have an HK...the not having a grip safety worried me in condition one carry..but as a house/range/ranch/hiking gun..well cant beat it with an ugly stick..wonder why they went under....

Post imported post

Yeah the price tag is up there but its no different than any of the top manufacturers like Sig, HK, FNH USA, Les Baer and so on.

Personally though there is no way I'de be able to afford one at this moment, but I would still love to get my hands on one to see how it fit my hand and if it was a decent shooter.

Post imported post

the little pistols are a cool concept..and i admit being a little intreagued by them...so yeah when they come out ill gladly look at them and see if they are as small as they advertise...but man the recoil and the loss of velocity have got to be high....they claim there is no loss..but how thats possible i am at a lose for explinations...well the market will tell how good it is...

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

ballester wrote:
    the little pistols are a cool concept..and i admit being a little intreagued by them...so yeah when they come out ill gladly look at them and see if they are as small as they advertise...but man the recoil and the loss of velocity have got to be high....they claim there is no loss..but how thats possible i am at a lose for explinations...well the market will tell how good it is...
    The standard has a 4.2" barrel. Watch the video to see the action that makes this possible:

http://bobergengineering.com/video2.wmv

The Kahr PM9 has a 3" barrel.

Post imported post

Interesting. Almost like a bullpup design for a pistol!

Post imported post

Dunno about how it rips the cartridge from the magazine backwards. Seems like it would be a system rife with jams.

Post imported post

Nice but from the animation it looks like it will kick the trigger forward against
    your finger. This would make the double tap a very painful option.
    I hope the animation is leaving something out about the action.

But I guess if you already have enough AR & AK's it would be nice to add
    for it's uniqueness. And at a grand, you will appreciate the cheaper ammo.

Post imported post

ok im really interested in the pistol...and a 4 inch barrel...well then taht explains the non velocity loss..guess im just old fashioned in the idea that i like browning based systems in my handguns....again for a grand it better be uber reliable..not its got #imber stamped on the side so it takes a gazillion rounds and ten trips to the factory before it might work.......sorry to those #imber owners...i just have more haunting then success storys to them..the market will show if America is ready for something different in its firearms...i do hope it works though...i might look into getting one to be different