• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boberg Engineering Firearms

ballester

imported post

cool handgun d-dawg...but really worth close to 1k? i mean think for the same money you could almost buy 4 pf9's..or you know me..an hkp2000sk and a pf9 for 1k...thought you were outta your 9mm phase...:lol:....

oh and its peanut butter jelly time!!!:celebrate

GWbiker

imported post

Under $1K USD....WOW.

IMHO, save your money. Look for a nearly new Star Firestar M-43 at a gun show. All steel 9mm, 7+1 SAO. Probably find one for about $300-350. Use the rest of the money for ammo.

ballester

imported post

heard good things about stars..even stars ive dealt with in my former line of work...the POS ones even still felt solid..i think for a used hanfgun under $200 a person can do waaaaayyyyyy worse then star products...only problem is when they break..well good luck finding parts...almost bought a 1911 clone of one in 9mm...&$135....fed HP's no problem..but main and only safety was a little sloppy for me.... was like the Ballester Molina..my first pistol :dude:...man i miss that wonderful old girl, so damn realiable..just had to have an HK...the not having a grip safety worried me in condition one carry..but as a house/range/ranch/hiking gun..well cant beat it with an ugly stick..:lol:wonder why they went under....

Spectre

imported post

Yeah the price tag is up there but its no different than any of the top manufacturers like Sig, HK, FNH USA, Les Baer and so on.

Personally though there is no way I'de be able to afford one at this moment, but I would still love to get my hands on one to see how it fit my hand and if it was a decent shooter.

ballester

imported post

the little pistols are a cool concept..and i admit being a little intreagued by them...so yeah when they come out ill gladly look at them and see if they are as small as they advertise...but man the recoil and the loss of velocity have got to be high....they claim there is no loss..but how thats possible i am at a lose for explinations...well the market will tell how good it is...

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

ballester wrote:
the little pistols are a cool concept..and i admit being a little intreagued by them...so yeah when they come out ill gladly look at them and see if they are as small as they advertise...but man the recoil and the loss of velocity have got to be high....they claim there is no loss..but how thats possible i am at a lose for explinations...well the market will tell how good it is...
The standard has a 4.2" barrel. Watch the video to see the action that makes this possible:

http://bobergengineering.com/video2.wmv

The Kahr PM9 has a 3" barrel.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Nice but from the animation it looks like it will kick the trigger forward against
your finger. This would make the double tap a very painful option.
I hope the animation is leaving something out about the action.

But I guess if you already have enough AR & AK's it would be nice to add
for it's uniqueness. And at a grand, you will appreciate the cheaper ammo.:lol:

ballester

imported post

ok im really interested in the pistol...and a 4 inch barrel...well then taht explains the non velocity loss..guess im just old fashioned in the idea that i like browning based systems in my handguns....again for a grand it better be uber reliable..not its got #imber stamped on the side so it takes a gazillion rounds and ten trips to the factory before it might work.......:cuss:sorry to those #imber owners...i just have more haunting then success storys to them..the market will show if America is ready for something different in its firearms...i do hope it works though...i might look into getting one to be different