• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Businesses That are not OK with Firearms

Mykal

imported post

Army wrote:
My Costco has a sign out front, thatsays they will NOT interfere with anyones excersise of their Constitutional rights. I will soon carry there and test their own stated position.
Take a pick before entering. Hell, take of pick of you 2A-ing infront of the sign.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Mykal wrote:
Idk if this is being updated but id like to say carrows came back with a letter saying they do not discriminate,etc.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/22765-2.html

Guess its one more flyer to carry when going there.
Yeah, sorry I forgot to update. I'd say Carrows should be off the list unless/until any further discrimination occurs.

I encourage everybody to try to hold local meetups at Carrows. Both to reward the company for being not anti-2A, and to test to make sure the location management are getting the corporate policy.

(In the case of Cerritos, I would call ahead and make sure the manager won't call the cops again. I imagine the cops won't care what corporate policy is, so it's important the manager there isn't going to trespass you.)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Army wrote:
My Costco has a sign out front, thatsays they will NOT interfere with anyones excersise of their Constitutional rights. I will soon carry there and test their own stated position
I'd like to find out more about that. I have heard Costco is strictly anti-gun.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I went in to El Cajon Gun Exchange this week-end (in El Cajon, CA). They have a bright red sign just inside the door: No uncased guns beyond this point unless cleared by staff, but, basically it means no guns unless "cased".
I asked about it and was directed to Ron, the owner. He came and spoke to me for quite a while, but the "discussion" was fairly one-sided. His issue is "safety". Basically, his position is that he has had so many people in his store do stupid things that he doesn't want anyone open carrying in the store. IOW he's going to treat everyone as if they are going to do something stupid.
So, he sells guns but doesn't trust people to handle them safely?
He also shared his personal opinion that if he sees someone in the mall openly carrying, his first thought is "this guy is going to shoot his girlfriend". :shock:
I was not surprised when he shared that he is ex-law enforcement.
This is kinda' surprising because his web-site is very pro-RKBA and encouraging gun owners to continually nag their legislators.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

cato wrote:
I'm not a big fan of do not patronize lists in CA at this time. You really need political or numerical muscle to make boycotts work and starting a public campaign to bring awareness may just get us negative results right now.

However, a do patronize list rewarding those places where good or neutral experiences happen, I'm 100% behind.

Just My .02 at this time

artwork by oleg volk:

I dont like this picture. Primarily because the blurred out person looks like the scary murderer girlfrom the ring. You might as well put a picture up of Hitler and call him a student and ask "would you rather our students be armed or unarmed? " Sorry to whoever made the picture, I love the concept, but try having the subject look a little more defensless and not blurred out, people fear what they cant see, we dont want people fearing the helpless student. We want them sympathizing with their own life they are trying to defend. So try having a picture of a good looking daughter fearing under a chair, so people could realize, hey this could be my daughter, or sister, or grandchild. Not some scary lookinggirl from the movie the ring, noone wants to give her a gun.

attachment.php