• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time to push on SB78 and 1SHB357

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

HOORAY! :celebrate SB 78 just passed the Senate! The vote was 22-3-4!

Now back to the house for final actions!

Edited to add one more YEA vote, apparently I missed one. :lol:

rpyne

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
HOORAY! :celebrate SB 78 just passed the Senate! The vote was 21-3-4!

Now back to the house for final actions!
I'm glad you got the vote. I lost my connection right in the middle of the vote. :banghead:

The house adopted the conference report last night, so it should be pretty much done.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Damn, Mr. Pyne! It seems that your connection always cuts out the good part!

It seems that whenever I click on the audio link, they are just starting on the bill that I want to hear!

It's like the government knows exactly what I am thinking... :uhoh:

thx997303

imported post

Due to the fact that 1SHB357 is going to the governor's desk, who if I remember correctly is in support of such a bill, and due to the fact that I also support this bill, I would like to express how happy I am that such a thing is occuring with a rather lengthy monologue, where I could have placed a much shorter dancing banana, that would have gotten my point across.

I am doing this due to the fact thata dancing banana to express this would be considered post whoring by some members of this forum.

It should be noted that I have already expressed my concerns related to this bill in this thread http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/22552.html

It should be also noted that I showed that I was in support of this bill.

thx997303

imported post

I'm disappointed by the exception made for churches. I wouldhave hoped that the pre-emption would apply to churches, that way at least my rifle wouldn't be too far away while I'm at church.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Well, as long as you are not employed by a religious organization, you have nothing to worry about.

There is no law that prohibits you from keeping a rifle in your car at church.

This bill is for the parking lots that employees park on, not patrons.

thx997303

imported post

Dang, I can't believe I missed that. For some reason my mind completely forgot the original intent of this bill.

Still would like to see the church exemption removed. But for different reasons now that I've had my brain restarted.

rpyne

imported post

The state web site now shows 2S SB78 as enrolled.:celebrate

If the governor doesn't veto it, it becomes law on May 11, 2009.