Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCDL 2nd MEETING

Post imported post

These are just a few of the topics that need discussion at the nextmeeting.

If anyone has any other ideas please post them here.

1) Finalize the name...(IMHO I really like CCDL)

2) Officers, Appointments and voting.

3) The Mission Statement

4) Purchasing a Domain name and setting up a website. (costs)

5) Finalize the date and time of all meetings.....(1st Monday or 3rd Thursday of every month)

Please people feel free to voice your opinions on other things that need to be discussed.

Thanks

TL
    The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.
    Join Here: http://www.ccdl.us/membership

Post imported post

THE LOVER wrote:
    These are just a few of the topics that need discussion at the nextmeeting.

3) The Mission Statement

5) Finalize the date and time of all meetings.....(1st Monday or 3rd Thursday of every month)

Please people feel free to voice your opinions on other things that need to be discussed.

Thanks

TL
    -Application fees and/or dues for members.
    -Bylaw suggestions

Post imported post

Sounds good so far. Venue ?.

Post imported post

Code:
    Sounds good so far. Venue ?.
    Tuesday the 24th on March 2009... 7pm-9pm or sooner if we finish our agenda..

The Elks lodge (number 771) in Middletown

is located on 44 Maynard Street Middletown CT 06457

Post imported post

THE LOVER wrote:
    These are just a few of the topics that need discussion at the next┬*meeting.

┬*

1) Finalize the name...(IMHO┬* I really like CCDL)

3) The Mission Statement

4)┬* Purchasing a Domain name and setting up a website. (costs)

┬*

Thanks

TL
    I am a newb, but I would be happy to help with the Domain purchase and hosting, financially and technically.

Post imported post

Sounds great!! Please try to make it to the next meeting.

Welcome aboard!!

TL
    The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.

Post imported post

Kateryn wrote:

-Application fees and/or dues for members.
    -Bylaw suggestions
    Agenda looks good,

Again, I'm kinda nervous about talk offees/dues....I would like to see people stand up together and fight as citizens without having to fork overANY of their hard earned $$.

Fees always go up, and people cut back for other causes. And people won't donate to the cause as much if they have to pay a mandatorymembership fee.....Especially if they're already paying other memberships.... NRA, GOofA, clubs, permit applications, ammo, tough economic times yadda, yadda.

IMHO, Free Citizens shouldn't have to pay a feeto jointheir neighborsin the defense of their God-given rights.

Grassroots Freedom baby! Sign up, and give what you're willing to give! ....time, money, skills, however you can help the cause. (of course we'll still need an account for donations, sponsors, etc.)

We need to mutually encourage one another to rally and defend our freedoms! (not pay into a system.....like subjects of a government)

(of course, just myhumble opinion)

Cheers, and Carry On!

Post imported post

I agree .. a pass the hat situation is a good idea. I will bring a big hat and hopefully everyone will be as generous as they can .

TL

Post imported post

I do agree with your idea of being able to join free, the problem is that meeting places and such cost money. I am sure that if it was asked for a small fee from each person to help cover the cost of the meetings, you won't get too many complaints about that or people looking elsewhere. Dues don't have to go up unless the cost of meeting goes up for the group. Continuing to be able to carry at all is going to be a fight as time goes on, the cost of that fight won't be cheap and we can't rely on just a few good people whom are willing to contribute out of pocket. If some people just really can't afford to pay financially, nothing says they can't help out with time or knowledge in certain areas, but to the group as a whole it is a bit more fair to ask the whole to share the cost rather than just the few.

Just 10-20 dollars per person is not that much, and it will give the group the ability to afford to rent places to meet, the cost of supplies we may need, even the possibility of website costs if one is created. As more people join, bigger meeting places will be needed, renting costs go up. Right now the group may be pretty small and expenses can be covered by the generous donation offers that have been made. I am one that tends to look to the future of what will be needed and plan for that.

Post imported post

Agreed Kateryn, maybe feedback from those that attend will clue us in on where we should go.

I like the grass roots idea, and hopefully that works all in of itself...

But I believe the newer members will offer insight on a microcosmic level of what can be expected.

Post imported post

Perhaps a teir'd membership. Free to join, dues for certain rights, etc. and just charge for large events when they have them.

Again, just an idea. I see both sides of the question, but I would hate to have anyone choose not to join because of money.

Post imported post

THE LOVER wrote:
    Sounds great!! Please try to make it to the next meeting.

Welcome aboard!!

TL
    I will try... My wife is due any day, so I just have to work around the new little one.

Post imported post

I am more in favor of a donation/fundraiser scheme of funding our group. I do realize that any activities would cost money but they also cost time. More people are willing give time if they don't feel as though they had already given to the cause by giving money. However this is a topic that is certanly open for discussion at the next meeting.

Post imported post

Code:
    More people are willing give time if they don't feel as though they had already given to the cause by giving money.

Brilliant point very well put IMO.

Post imported post

Hey guys, works been killing me lately but I'll be there. Gotta keep the youthful (sp) voice in the group.

CFA= Connecticut Firearms Association (just another idea if you guys aren't happy with CCDL

Post imported post

Code:
    Gotta keep the youthful (sp) voice in the group.

Exactly what are you saying Fritter? Wait, let me put my hearing aid in first to make sure I catch this...

Look forward to seeing you...

Post imported post

I also know we were trying to decide on a logo/icon and found this web site that can custom design them. http://www.titanicons.com/ I would be willing to donate the cash for an icon if we could agree on a design

Post imported post

Definitely bringyour ideas Fritter... Glad to hear from you!!

Post imported post

I also know we were trying to decide on a logo/icon and found this web site that can custom design them. http://www.titanicons.com/ I would be willing to donate the cash for an icon if we could agree on a design.

Good work Fritter60.

Post imported post

THE LOVER wrote:

3) The Mission Statement

1. What kind of officers/duties do we think we need to be appoint and assign?

2. Mission Statement, Goals, Motto, Symbol/patch?What do we want? Who isworking on these?

I think these should be our primary focus for the meeting.... and we should probably have something prepared.

I'm also thinking offense, perhaps we should set goals to get our legistlators to work for us as they are supposed to.....rather than us be on the defense all the time. I'd like to organize public events (ie. OC events with media and spokesman) ASAP (in the Spring) with willing members.

Thoughts?

Carry On!

Post imported post

Perhaps print out a list of our various state representatives by region and divvy up a group that we can send our letters to. There's 4 of us total in Stratford so we ought to be able to send enough to them to hopefully make them think twice about doing the wrong thing.

As for things we ought to work towards:

1. Work towards getting the legislature to mandate maximum time limits for local PD's to print and background check permit candidates. If the time limit is exceeded then the candidate can take their paperwork to the State Police and have it processed there without prejudice.

2. Background checks need to come back within a certain time, after which the permit is granted with the proviso that if the background check comes back bad, the permit is revoked.

3. The DPS needs to be held to their standards such that they are the ONLY entity allowed to take permits - AFTER a hearing in which the holder has ample chance to defend themselves. Local PD's cannot take and confiscate permits.

That's all I can think of for now. Perhaps not fodder for the second meeting but something I'd personally like to see taken care of eventually.

Post imported post

I think we need to clearly define our purpose. We do not want riff-raff acting in the name of CCDL in a manner inconsistant with our purpose. I think our core members should have a proposedmission/purpose ready to present/discuss on Tuesday.

Post imported post

Working on getting a CCDL T-shirt made. NAVY, BLACK, BLUE, or RED.

On the back:

CCDL

Connecticut Citizens Defense League

On the front upper left:

(ICON: subj to change)

[outline of CT with pistol inset)

"CCDL"

"Carry On!"

Hopefully, I'll be wearing it on Tuesday night for all to see and evaluate.

Post imported post

Very good!

When this is decided upon I'll be buying one.

Post imported post

"Every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state"

Connecticut Constitution Section 15

Connecticut Citizens Defense League

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast