• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL 2nd MEETING

GoldCoaster

imported post

Perhaps print out a list of our various state representatives by region and divvy up a group that we can send our letters to. There's 4 of us total in Stratford so we ought to be able to send enough to them to hopefully make them think twice about doing the wrong thing.

As for things we ought to work towards:

1. Work towards getting the legislature to mandate maximum time limits for local PD's to print and background check permit candidates. If the time limit is exceeded then the candidate can take their paperwork to the State Police and have it processed there without prejudice.

2. Background checks need to come back within a certain time, after which the permit is granted with the proviso that if the background check comes back bad, the permit is revoked.

3. The DPS needs to be held to their standards such that they are the ONLY entity allowed to take permits - AFTER a hearing in which the holder has ample chance to defend themselves. Local PD's cannot take and confiscate permits.

That's all I can think of for now. Perhaps not fodder for the second meeting but something I'd personally like to see taken care of eventually.

uskrusader

imported post

I think we need to clearly define our purpose. We do not want riff-raff acting in the name of CCDL in a manner inconsistant with our purpose. I think our core members should have a proposedmission/purpose ready to present/discuss on Tuesday.

uskrusader

imported post

Working on getting a CCDL T-shirt made. NAVY, BLACK, BLUE, or RED.

On the back:

[align=center]CCDL[/align]

[align=center]Connecticut Citizens Defense League[/align]
[align=center]
[/align]
[align=left]On the front upper left:
[/align]
[align=left][suP][suB] (ICON: subj to change)[/suB][/suP][/align]
[align=left][suP][suB][outline of CT with pistol inset)[/suB][/suP][/align]

[align=left] "CCDL"[/align]
[align=left] "Carry On!"[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Hopefully, I'll be wearing it on Tuesday night for all to see and evaluate.[/align]
[align=left][/align]

romma

imported post

"Every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state"

Connecticut Constitution Section 15

Connecticut Citizens Defense League

uskrusader

imported post

romma wrote:
"Every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state"

Connecticut Constitution Section 15

Connecticut Citizens Defense League

Doh! Thats excellent, I'll see if I can get it changed to reflect our constitution.

....delay....

Change sent to the T-Shirt guy!

[align=center]CCDL
[/align]
[align=center]Connecticut Citizens Defense League
[/align]
[align=center]"Every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state"
[/align]

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

GREAT IDEA !!!!!

This should bring in a few bucks!!

Remember our FAT members I would like a few in 5X (that would be roomy and comfartable )

Thanks

TL

GoldCoaster

imported post

THE LOVER wrote:
GREAT IDEA !!!!!

Remember our FAT members I would like a few in 5X (that would be roomy and comfartable )

Thanks

TL
Aw come on Lenny, you just want to be able to conceal a bushmaster under it. You're not foolin' anyone.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
THE LOVER wrote:
GREAT IDEA !!!!!

Thanks

TL
Aw come on Lenny, you just want to be able to conceal a bushmaster under it. You're not foolin' anyone.

Actually Bob I wanna be able to carry my shotgun as my Concealed Carry Weapon.

If I can draw it fast enough it would great as self defense. The only problem is sitting down in public ( 28" barrel).

I will have to work on that part, or stand the rest of my life.....LOL

JUMPMASTER

imported post

I would advise against open carry as this will be our first time using the Elks club. I think we should get a feel for the place first before the possibility of upsetting our hosts and then having to find somewhere else to meet. Let's feel out the situation first.