Thread: open carry in sacramento, ca

Post imported post

Hi everybody,

Just found your sight through calguns.net where I have been a long time "forum shadow" and rescently joined a few months ago. I really like what I've read here so far.

Keep it up!

I am interseted in possibly being involved in a member meet'n greet. Ofcourse to OC in a place where we will be seen by public and perhaps educate some people who are unaware of there rights.

I just rescently braught my Dad shooting, his first since he was in the marines...just over fourty years ago. He was relieved by the level of safty and capability to properly instruct him on shooting my guns.

-he gave me support on my gun rights and said he'd be proud to see my O.C. for he knows I have no ill intentions.

thanks, hope to see you around.

Post imported post

I'm in Sac, and I'll join you in OC

Post imported post

We may very well be due for another get together in Sacramento.

The last OC dinner in Sacramento was on April 12, 2008 and organized by CA_Libertarian... Thread is here.

Perhaps we could have an annual dinner?

April 19th (PatriotsDay) falls on a Sunday this year. Any other suggestions?
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

awsome. I just did my official "first" OC. walked to blockbuster to return some movies and pick one out. It would seem nobody realls noticed accept the twoAT&T guys hooking up my neighbors phone. They just grinned and gave a nod.

so :celebrate!!

I don't know Sac that well I just moved here from Santa Rosa last year. I'm up to almost anything within reason.
    BTW I'm in Rosemont near Watt and Kieffer.

Post imported post

I'm in rosemont too!

You might be advised that Blockbuster may be within 1000 feet of two schools though...maybe even three

Post imported post

Welcome to another Sactown local. There must be about a baker's dozen of usnow. Maybe more...

Allright, we officially NEED to do something soon. I like C3's idea of Patriot's Day.

Post imported post

yeah its a bit hairy with something like four schools in almost a square mile. Thanks for the tip.

I'm pretty sure that one on kieffer has got to be farther than 1000 ft, but that one on Rosemont ?Ave.?

Any way I have school on tuesdays and thirsday nights after work(m-f) but any other time would be great. I don't really know anybody up here so whenever would probably fit into my schedual.

Post imported post

Hey, we can meet up during the week sometime or on the weekend. I'll PM you my phone

Post imported post

i would love to get together for a meet and greet i will pm you my number as well!

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:

The last OC dinner in Sacramento was on April 12, 2008 and organized by CA_Libertarian... Thread is here.

that sounds like a great idea

State Researcher

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:

I like it, and it seems we have plenty of interest already. With 5 weeks notice, we should be able to get a big turnout.

I'll start a new thread so we can get the ball rolling.

Until then, I encourage anybody in Sac (or anywhere else) to have local meetups. It's a good support system, and a great way to keep people involved.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

I also have twoto fourpeople from work who'd like to come. Two of which I know will OC but the others just need some exposure and one needs to buythe Kimber he wants.

Two of the guys wor as private security for the goverment in the Rancho Cordova area.

Post imported post

If I can get to the backside of LA for a gathering, I can get to Sac too

If it's not a training weekend, count me in.

Post imported post

sigscout wrote:
    I also have twoto fourpeople from work who'd like to come. Two of which I know will OC but the others just need some exposure and one needs to buythe Kimber he wants.

Two of the guys wor as private security for the goverment in the Rancho Cordova area.
    Bring friends, carrying or not they are always welcomed!

Post imported post

Certainly! I've been passing out info on that AB 357 (to make cali a "shall issue" state) and everyone(7ppl) who has recieved it accept for one is interested in comming.

Post imported post

I may possibly be interested as well. Though if we do this it must be done right. Google Maps any school zone that maybe nearby, I have already made a map of folsom with 1000 ft radius' drawn around K-12 schools. Every person should have atleast a digital recording device if not a video camera. I have many video cameras including a helmet cam I use for paintballing/motorcycle rides. It should be done maybe not in a ghetto area but maybe a more suburban area which is just safer and we wont seem a threat to any gang member or anything of the like. The specific location should not be discussed on this thread formally, only in PM's.Though a heads up may/should be given to that city's PD. I love the idea of increasing the awareness, the only reason I have not yet OC'ed is because I would be a loner. With a nice sized group, the police could not afford to make that many false arrests :P

State Researcher

Post imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
    I may possibly be interested as well. Though if we do this it must be done right. Google Maps any school zone that maybe nearby, I have already made a map of folsom with 1000 ft radius' drawn around K-12 schools. Every person should have atleast a digital recording device if not a video camera. I have many video cameras including a helmet cam I use for paintballing/motorcycle rides. It should be done maybe not in a ghetto area but maybe a more suburban area which is just safer and we wont seem a threat to any gang member or anything of the like. The specific location should not be discussed on this thread formally, only in PM's.Though a heads up may/should be given to that city's PD. I love the idea of increasing the awareness, the only reason I have not yet OC'ed is because I would be a loner. With a nice sized group, the police could not afford to make that many false arrests :P
    1) The school zones don't apply on private property.

2) Location details will not be released until shortly before the event.

3) I refuse to invite/notify the police. I only call the police when I want to report a crime or commend/complain about officers' actions.

ETA: event info here.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

How many people are thinking of attending? we hould lay some ground work for this.

might be different with all the media focosing on all the rescent crazy violence.