• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry in sacramento, ca

sigscout

imported post

Hi everybody,

Just found your sight through calguns.net where I have been a long time "forum shadow" and rescently joined a few months ago. I really like what I've read here so far.

Keep it up!

I am interseted in possibly being involved in a member meet'n greet. Ofcourse to OC in a place where we will be seen by public and perhaps educate some people who are unaware of there rights.

I just rescently braught my Dad shooting, his first since he was in the marines...just over fourty years ago. He was relieved by the level of safty and capability to properly instruct him on shooting my guns.

-he gave me support on my gun rights and said he'd be proud to see my O.C. for he knows I have no ill intentions.

thanks, hope to see you around.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

We may very well be due for another get together in Sacramento.

The last OC dinner in Sacramento was on April 12, 2008 and organized by CA_Libertarian... Thread is here.

Perhaps we could have an annual dinner?

April 19th (PatriotsDay) falls on a Sunday this year. Any other suggestions?

sigscout

imported post

awsome. I just did my official "first" OC. walked to blockbuster to return some movies and pick one out. It would seem nobody realls noticed accept the twoAT&T guys hooking up my neighbors phone. They just grinned and gave a nod.

so :celebrate!!

I don't know Sac that well I just moved here from Santa Rosa last year. I'm up to almost anything within reason.
BTW I'm in Rosemont near Watt and Kieffer.

prcE6

imported post

Welcome to another Sactown local. There must be about a baker's dozen of usnow. Maybe more...

Allright, we officially NEED to do something soon. I like C3's idea of Patriot's Day.

sigscout

imported post

yeah its a bit hairy with something like four schools in almost a square mile. Thanks for the tip.

I'm pretty sure that one on kieffer has got to be farther than 1000 ft, but that one on Rosemont ?Ave.?

Any way I have school on tuesdays and thirsday nights after work(m-f) but any other time would be great. I don't really know anybody up here so whenever would probably fit into my schedual.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:

The last OC dinner in Sacramento was on April 12, 2008 and organized by CA_Libertarian... Thread is here.

that sounds like a great idea

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

ConditionThree wrote:

I like it, and it seems we have plenty of interest already. With 5 weeks notice, we should be able to get a big turnout.

I'll start a new thread so we can get the ball rolling.

Until then, I encourage anybody in Sac (or anywhere else) to have local meetups. It's a good support system, and a great way to keep people involved.

sigscout

imported post

I also have twoto fourpeople from work who'd like to come. Two of which I know will OC but the others just need some exposure and one needs to buythe Kimber he wants.

Two of the guys wor as private security for the goverment in the Rancho Cordova area.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

sigscout wrote:
I also have twoto fourpeople from work who'd like to come. Two of which I know will OC but the others just need some exposure and one needs to buythe Kimber he wants.

Two of the guys wor as private security for the goverment in the Rancho Cordova area.
Bring friends, carrying or not they are always welcomed!

sigscout

imported post

Certainly! I've been passing out info on that AB 357 (to make cali a "shall issue" state) and everyone(7ppl) who has recieved it accept for one is interested in comming.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

I may possibly be interested as well. Though if we do this it must be done right. Google Maps any school zone that maybe nearby, I have already made a map of folsom with 1000 ft radius' drawn around K-12 schools. Every person should have atleast a digital recording device if not a video camera. I have many video cameras including a helmet cam I use for paintballing/motorcycle rides. It should be done maybe not in a ghetto area but maybe a more suburban area which is just safer and we wont seem a threat to any gang member or anything of the like. The specific location should not be discussed on this thread formally, only in PM's.Though a heads up may/should be given to that city's PD. I love the idea of increasing the awareness, the only reason I have not yet OC'ed is because I would be a loner. With a nice sized group, the police could not afford to make that many false arrests :p

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
I may possibly be interested as well. Though if we do this it must be done right. Google Maps any school zone that maybe nearby, I have already made a map of folsom with 1000 ft radius' drawn around K-12 schools. Every person should have atleast a digital recording device if not a video camera. I have many video cameras including a helmet cam I use for paintballing/motorcycle rides. It should be done maybe not in a ghetto area but maybe a more suburban area which is just safer and we wont seem a threat to any gang member or anything of the like. The specific location should not be discussed on this thread formally, only in PM's.Though a heads up may/should be given to that city's PD. I love the idea of increasing the awareness, the only reason I have not yet OC'ed is because I would be a loner. With a nice sized group, the police could not afford to make that many false arrests :p
1) The school zones don't apply on private property.

2) Location details will not be released until shortly before the event.

3) I refuse to invite/notify the police. I only call the police when I want to report a crime or commend/complain about officers' actions.

ETA: event info here.

sigscout

imported post

How many people are thinking of attending? we hould lay some ground work for this.

might be different with all the media focosing on all the rescent crazy violence.:uhoh: