• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry non firearms

daehawc

imported post

I've been lurking here off and on but haven't posted. I tend to spend a lot of time on THR since I have mainly CC. My question is that since NC restricts me from carrying into places that serve alcohol I tend to have to leave my pistol at home when I ride my Harley. Is there any law saying that I can not rig up an expandable baton onto my motorcycle so that I at least have something with me on the days I can not carry a pistol? The baton is visible but due to where I mounted it it somewhat blends in. I know as far as CCW I can not carry it but am unaware of any OC restrictions.

BTW, this sight is great and while I have only OC a few times due to the fear of "going armed to the terror of the public," it is great to see the fight is alive and well throughout the state.