• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DAGNABBIT!!

Phssthpok

imported post

I've been jonesing for a Marlin 1894c for a couple of years now, and I finally decided last Nov to get one as a B-day gift to myself the next time I saw them go on sale at Big5 (usually ~$379 sale price).

Of course... since I made that decision they haven't gone on sale again... I keep looking at the ads as they come out. So having resigned myself to having to pay a non sale price I started searching one out.

Apparently Marlin changed their manufacturing processes late last year as the new version of the 1894c is manufactured entirely of Unobtainium. I pretty much gave up on the idea, but I was in Cabela's on Sunday and just for S-n-g's I looked in the rack.

JOY!! a Spankin' new 1894c in .357 magnum....for $500!!! ::banghead:
To rich for this unemployed protector's blood. :cry:

bcp

imported post

A year or so ago at Big 5 they were $329 and on sale for $299. Yesterday I was in a store and the rifle was $519.