Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Are Montanan's Carrying?

Post imported post

Show us what's on your hip!

Kimber Custom Classic (born in 1996) sheltered in Rafter S gunleather.

"Never belittle someone for carrying a small firearm. Commend them for carrying a firearm."
    -OpenCarry.org member MAC702

Post imported post

This here's what I carry with me on a daily basis. I hope the picture is viewable. I don't leave home without my pistol... heck, I don't even leave the bedroom without it but on rare occasions!

I'm hoping to get a different holster at some point in time, but that's down the road when I hit the lottery. I'm gonna win, you know?! Don't worry, I'll buy y'all a little something when I do!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Post imported post

I generaly Carry in this Manner, this is a Mirror image; S&W 1911

Post imported post

I also have a Wallet, I dont Usualy carry a Spare mag!

I cant have as much stuf as 40s&wfan hanging of me!

Post imported post

Here's another favorite of mine. The extra mags are only for games and I only carry the spare single mag when actually carrying.

"Never belittle someone for carrying a small firearm. Commend them for carrying a firearm."

Post imported post

LeMat wrote:
    Here's another favorite of mine. The extra mags are only for games...
    Ok, first of all whiat kind of games do you play where you need that many magazines? :shock:

Second of all, who makes that holster?
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Post imported post

This is what I'll be shooting at the match this Saturday.

Shhhhhhhhhh........ don't tell JB that I got a Glock.

Post imported post

Busted HE HE :celebrate

I just got a FIST SOB (Right Hand)that I won on a Karma drawing, but I don't have a 4" Kimber to go with it.

Here is mine, Taurus 24/7 OSS Tactical 5.25" .45 acp

Post imported post

Hey 40s&wfan I think that Mag Holster will still work for your New M&P

Post imported post

What mag holster?

Post imported post

Ok folks, I'm happy to say: Things Have Changed!!!! I'll now be carrying a Smith & Wesson M&P 45 that used to belong to MT GUNNY! He spoiled my fun by announcing it but I now own it and am thrilled at the fact as well!!

'

Post imported post

Woohoo! Good on ya! :celebrate

Post imported post

Here's my new pistol and holster. I love 'em both. The pistol fits my hand like a custom glove and the holster is awesome! I wasn't sure about the whole Serpa thing at first but after playing with it until the wee-hours of the morning I've grown to like it! The placement of the retention button is so natural that it's hardly noticeable when drawing the pistol! It's almost second-nature!!

I highly recomment either when looking for a carry gun/holster setup!! Thanks again, MT GUNNY!!

Post imported post

Looking good man :celebrate

Post imported post

JBinMontana wrote:
    Looking good man :celebrate
    You got the wording backwards: It should say 'Good-Looking Man!'

Post imported post

Im Talking about the Magazine Holster in your First Pic! You should be able to put One of those4 mags in it!

Post imported post

Oh, too late now. It went with the SW99.

Post imported post

40s-and-wfan wrote:
    Here's my new pistol and holster. I love 'em both. The pistol fits my hand like a custom glove and the holster is awesome! I wasn't sure about the whole Serpa thing at first but after playing with it until the wee-hours of the morning I've grown to like it! The placement of the retention button is so natural that it's hardly noticeable when drawing the pistol! It's almost second-nature!!

I highly recomment either when looking for a carry gun/holster setup!! Thanks again, MT GUNNY!!
    I just returned a SERP for m 1911. Hated it. Couldn't make it comfortable. Wish I could find a Old World Leather paddle.....Looks like they went out of business.

Post imported post

I would suggest reading all 3 pages of this post on the "serpa".

I do like and use the holster but the model without the serpa.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=45333&page=3

Well, I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, but I think for the sake of those reading here and considering the design of this holster I will share my story. About 4 months ago I shot myself in the foot with a .40 s&w hollowpoint while drawing from my blackhawk cqc Serpa. Some punk with a knife got a great show... fortunately he was so scared by the sound that he took off running.

The bullet destroyed about 1/2 inch of both my 4th, and 5th, meta tarsils. My finger slid into the trigger guard as I was clearing the holster.

Now, I'm not some special forces operator or anything here, but I have a relatively high level of familiarity and practice with my sidearm. I have been carrying a weapon for 10 years, and yet. I shot myself in the foot during what may have been a very lethal encounter.

I had planned on keeping this story to myself forever due to my embarrassment, However recently I have been reading that many people are having concerns over this holster.

I strongly encourage caution with ANY device that requires activating the trigger finger before firing

Post imported post

I've gotta say, while I'm sorry to hear about your experience, I've not had a single problem with my Serpa. I love the holster and I love the ease of clearing my pistol from the holster. I also haven't found that my trigger-finger drifts into the trigger guard unless I want it to.
    With all due respect to you and your injury, it doesn't sound like it was caused by the holster. I've been in a few situations where I've had to draw my pistol in what could have potentially been a dangerous situation and neither time have I put my finger in the trigger-guard of my pistol until such time as I felt it was necessary!!
    I've always been taught to practice the way you carry and carry the way you practice!! I think this is true about how you draw and employ your sidearm as well! I don't practice drawing my pistol without taking into consideration at what point I'm going to start pulling the trigger!!
    Again, I don't fault the holster for what happened to you. I know what happened was bad enough and could have potentially been worse than it turned out, but I don't think that was due to the holster. It sounds like the shooter was a little over-anxious and wanting to pull the trigger a little prematurely! Don't take that as an insult but maybe you need to practice more, maybe you need to do some more quick-draws in front of the mirror or the TV. Practice. Practice. Practice. Even as a cop, we had to practice, in the military we had to practice, as a lawfully armed citizen I still practice all the time!! There should never be an end to the practicing!!

Post imported post

40s-and-wfan wrote:
    LeMat wrote:
    Here's another favorite of mine. The extra mags are only for games...
    Ok, first of all whiat kind of games do you play where you need that many magazines? :shock:

Second of all, who makes that holster?
    I just realized that I never answered your questions.

The extra mags are for USPSA and IDPA and the gear was built by Haugen Handgun Leather (almost moved to ND so I could go work for him last year).

http://www.haugenhandgunleather.com/

Post imported post

First, was not my injury. I never use this holster with the serpa, as before I use the holster model without the serpa. Military, Executive/Personal CloseProtection,and Law Enforcement training (thousands of hours), and many tours overseas / thousands of days in combat zones. Also I would not use one of the DeSantis Flight Deck Officer Holsters required by DHS for Pilots.

Suggest reading all 3 pages of the link.

Several nationally known schools do not allow these holsters to be used in their classes.

Post imported post

Everyone has their preferences. I actually like that DeSantis Holster quite a bit! It would work good, not only for Airline Pilots, but in homes with children as well!!

Post imported post

Flight Deck Officer Holster: Suggest scanning or reading through these.

http://www.crimefilenews.com/2008/03...ight-deck.html

http://www.grangier.fr/news/journal-2008-12-03.txt

Post imported post

If they're having accidental discharges with this holster, it's about as 'untrained' as putting your finger inside the trigger-guard and having an accidental discharge that way too! I find it hard to believe that it's the holster and not the person operating the handgun itself!!
    Like I said, I like that holster and I think it would be great in a home with children, especially if I were to use an old pair of my handcuffs to secure the pistol in it rather than a padlock or something like that!!
    Different strokes for different folks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast