• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New indoor range in North Spokane

tacmedic911

imported post

I wanted to throw this out at you all. I am researching the possibility of building an indoor range with store in the north end of Spokane, possibly the Wandermere area (just north of the Y). I would be very interested in your feedback about this. At this time I am in the early stages of this project but would like to move on it if it is a viable project. This is my first public inquiry of any type, and I look forward to hearing from you.

fetch

imported post

An indoor range at Wandermere sounds like a good idea, it is a booming area. How far along are you? I live on the northside of Spokane. Now a shameless plug for me. I work for an engineering firm in Spokane and have done indoor shooting ranges, ventilation, HVAC and plumbing.

tacmedic911

imported post

Still doing some research and securing more funding at this point. I am open to ideas with what you would like at your neighborhood range.

I guess to answer your question directly I am just getting going and looking for feedback to create momentum.

tacmedic911

imported post

I forgot to mention if any of you wanted to submit interest or are aware of others that would be interested in a project like this and don't feel comfortable replying in the public forum, feel free to send me a pm.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Great idea, I know a lot of people would be gratefull for another option in Spokane besides the poor attitude option that is currently avcaliable.

Orphan

surfj9009

imported post

I would look into having a range setup that would easily allow you to host Appleseed events. www.appleseedinfo.org
This is a rather selfish suggestion I will admit. I am the "unofficial" eastern WA state coordinator for the Appleseed project here. I am going to be promoting this program very aggressively here in Spokane and intend to make it available several times a year.

So basically, if you have the appropriate facilities for such an event, you will get a lot of free promotion from me and in the magazine Shotgun News. I am planning on handing out at least 1000 flyers at the next gun show to promote it.

At the current time, I am working with the Spokane Rifle Club to bring Appleseed to our club, but if the club chooses not to do it, I will take it somewhere else. If the club does choose to do it, I will still be aggressively promoting it, and I could definitely see needing several facilities down the road.

Are you planning on just creating an indoor range for handgun shooting, or are you looking at catering to handgun and rifle shooting? If considering rifle, how much distance do you plan to allow? If indoor only, what distance are you looking at, and what caliber limitations did you have in mind? (22 up to ?, centerfire AND rimfire?)

I would love to work with you and can definitely help you draw a crowd, if the details coincide with my personal agenda of growing the Appleseed project.

Let me know. Please email me at:

jason.e.pickett@gmail.com

hawaidvr9

imported post

I am not a rich man, nor a very good looking man, nor am I a man with a lot of hair but I am a man with fewer toes then the average.

If I had the riches, the looks, the hair and a few more toes, I would gladly give them all for a place to shoot at 1am.

Seriously,my dream range is available 24/7.

If there is a quality range on the Northside for about the same as what I am paying now (i would pay upwards of 250$ a year for membership) with later hours, you would have all of my ammo, guns and shooting money (which lately has been a lot lol, I need more 9mm ammo grrrr).

surfj9009

imported post

I think a more important concern about being open at all hours would be security and safety. I particularly would not have a range open that late because I would not want people under the influence walking in with a gun and expecting to be able to shoot.

Just my opinion of course, but I do not think it is a good idea, and probably very cost prohibitive, as well as unsafe for anybody working the range at those hours.

David.Car

imported post

I was of the opinion that no new ranges were allowed to be opened.

Spokane County made it so you needed to obtain a permit to open a gun range, or you could be grandfathered in if you already had a range (see Sharphooting, Spokane Rifle + Spokane Valley Rifle clubs).

Since that point no range permits have been given by the county.