Thread: WSP has M4, pistol and other items stolen from car

Post imported post

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor....1d9ee7ca.html

I wonder if the guys who stole this stuff also jacked the SPD chief's Glock?

Post imported post

And we wonder why people are running around playing wannabe cops and breaking into people's homes. Another reason why, yelling "POLICE" or not, wearing a uniform or not, you bust down my door, you better start ducking. I have no way to know if you are a real cop or just a punk trying to trick me into not defending myself.

State Researcher

Post imported post

What the heck is a "tactical" weapon, and how does it differ from a regular gun? I hate buzzwords.

Post imported post

A "tactical" weapon is an "assault" weapon in the hands of a civilian. Its all about perspective.

Post imported post

What the heck is a "tactical" weapon
    Cop killer handguns, or vest-busters, assault weapons, plastic pistols, cop killer ammunition for otherwise non-cop killer handguns, and various other cosmetic attributes that make normal guns dangerous.

Post imported post

Vandal wrote:
    A "tactical" weapon is an "assault" weapon in the hands of a civilian. Its all about perspective.
    Considering it was a full auto version makes it a much worse "tactical" issue as it has now changed its status to an "Assault" weapon. If these are being stolen across the nation, how long before we see a major assault by multiple people? Terror cell or just drug dealers have them now?

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    What the heck is a "tactical" weapon, and how does it differ from a regular gun? I hate buzzwords.

Sarcasm on

It is anEvil Black Rifle (EBR)in the hands of somebody that is supposed to have EBRs. If mere civilians have an EBR it is an assault rifle, cop killer, etc.

Sarcasm off

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    Sarcasm on

It is anEvil Black Rifle (EBR)in the hands of somebody that is supposed to have EBRs. If mere civilians have an EBR it is an assault rifle, cop killer, etc.

Sarcasm off
    I thought EBR stood for Enhanced Battle Rifle? Evil black rifle also makes sense.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/EBR

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:

The weapon referred to is a model of the Heckler and Koch USP series. The Tactical model has a threaded barrel and a couple of other differences. It comes in a .40 S&W as well as the .45 depicted.

Post imported post

I was under the impression WSP rolled with P2000s.

North of Seattlle, South of Canada, Washington, USA

Post imported post

WSP runs USPs.

The rifle is either a Commando or 6920. Semi-auto.

The car was noted and specificially targeted. Secured parking for duty LE vehicles has been requested in the past but the state has denied that. As I have been told, "not necessary."

Post imported post

Morris wrote:
    WSP runs USPs.

The rifle is either a Commando or 6920. Semi-auto.

The car was noted and specificially targeted. Secured parking for duty LE vehicles has been requested in the past but the state has denied that. As I have been told, "not necessary."
    So it was not a full auto M4 as the media has been reporting?

Post imported post

When did the WSP start carrying full auto M4's while on patrol?

Post imported post

Troopers in general have a personally owned patrol rifle policy. Semi-auto only. Most agencies are dumping autos or burst guns for semis. Just easier to control parts.

I do not know what specificially the WSP SWAT has. However, most teams around here are running Colt Commandos and going semi.

Post imported post

Differences in "Secured Properly"

WSP reports that the weapons were secured properly in the truck of the car. Maybe it's just me, but when you can walk away with the PLASTIC cases after popping the trunk THE GUNS WEREN"T SECURE.

In my case first off I try NOT to leave guns in the car at all. When I do have to they have a LOCK BOX bolted to the car. You want my gun you're gonna have to take a portion of the frame with ya.

Even in the old days, M4's Shotguns were electronically locked into the holders in the cars and KEYED LOCKED into holders in the trunks of the cars, and those locked holders were BOLTED to the frame. In the case of the M4 it was 2 C type closers that one went around the stock and one around the forend, unlocking the forend opened both closures. total cost $50

How the heck do you get away with leaving your duty weapons lying in plastic cases in the trunk of the car? Hell even a braided cable through the handles may have dissuaded this crime, or at least maybe drawn it out long enough to have them caught.

If they were left there over night, or longer then that is just simple negligence.

Post imported post

Cases are Pelican or Storm.

In most cases, long arms are secured in racks. However, the average patrol crown vic trunk lid already has other gear attached like stop sticks, not to mention electronics, relays, trunk boxes, cones, flares, vests, spare tire and so on. Very little room so a locking case like the Pelican makes sense. Hard wire? Cheap pair of Chinese dikes will take care of that. Coded trunk lid? Possible but I'm not aware of any vendors out there making retrofits to crown vic or charger lids.

They were secured as best as possible considering the limitations. I'd challenge others to do the same considering the parameters.

Post imported post

Need the burglar protection system that the Lotus had in the James Bond flick "For Your Eyes Only".