• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WSP has M4, pistol and other items stolen from car

compmanio365

imported post

And we wonder why people are running around playing wannabe cops and breaking into people's homes. Another reason why, yelling "POLICE" or not, wearing a uniform or not, you bust down my door, you better start ducking. I have no way to know if you are a real cop or just a punk trying to trick me into not defending myself.

cynicist

imported post

What the heck is a "tactical" weapon

Cop killer handguns, or vest-busters, assault weapons, plastic pistols, cop killer ammunition for otherwise non-cop killer handguns, and various other cosmetic attributes that make normal guns dangerous.

Triple Tap

imported post

Vandal wrote:
A "tactical" weapon is an "assault" weapon in the hands of a civilian. Its all about perspective.
Considering it was a full auto version makes it a much worse "tactical" issue as it has now changed its status to an "Assault" weapon.:banghead: If these are being stolen across the nation, how long before we see a major assault by multiple people? Terror cell or just drug dealers have them now?

Thundar

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
What the heck is a "tactical" weapon, and how does it differ from a regular gun? I hate buzzwords.

Sarcasm on

It is anEvil Black Rifle (EBR)in the hands of somebody that is supposed to have EBRs. If mere civilians have an EBR it is an assault rifle, cop killer, etc.

Sarcasm off

HK.40usp

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
What the heck is a "tactical" weapon, and how does it differ from a regular gun? I hate buzzwords.
The weapon referred to is a model of the Heckler and Koch USP series. The Tactical model has a threaded barrel and a couple of other differences. It comes in a .40 S&W as well as the .45 depicted.

Morris

North of Seattlle, South of Canada, Washington, US
imported post

WSP runs USPs.

The rifle is either a Commando or 6920. Semi-auto.

The car was noted and specificially targeted. Secured parking for duty LE vehicles has been requested in the past but the state has denied that. As I have been told, "not necessary."

Agent 47

imported post

Morris wrote:
WSP runs USPs.

The rifle is either a Commando or 6920. Semi-auto.

The car was noted and specificially targeted. Secured parking for duty LE vehicles has been requested in the past but the state has denied that. As I have been told, "not necessary."
So it was not a full auto M4 as the media has been reporting?

Morris

imported post

Troopers in general have a personally owned patrol rifle policy. Semi-auto only. Most agencies are dumping autos or burst guns for semis. Just easier to control parts.

I do not know what specificially the WSP SWAT has. However, most teams around here are running Colt Commandos and going semi.

triehl27

imported post

Differences in "Secured Properly"

WSP reports that the weapons were secured properly in the truck of the car. Maybe it's just me, but when you can walk away with the PLASTIC cases after popping the trunk THE GUNS WEREN"T SECURE.

In my case first off I try NOT to leave guns in the car at all. When I do have to they have a LOCK BOX bolted to the car. You want my gun you're gonna have to take a portion of the frame with ya.

Even in the old days, M4's Shotguns were electronically locked into the holders in the cars and KEYED LOCKED into holders in the trunks of the cars, and those locked holders were BOLTED to the frame. In the case of the M4 it was 2 C type closers that one went around the stock and one around the forend, unlocking the forend opened both closures. total cost $50

How the heck do you get away with leaving your duty weapons lying in plastic cases in the trunk of the car? Hell even a braided cable through the handles may have dissuaded this crime, or at least maybe drawn it out long enough to have them caught.

If they were left there over night, or longer then that is just simple negligence.

Morris

imported post

Cases are Pelican or Storm.

In most cases, long arms are secured in racks. However, the average patrol crown vic trunk lid already has other gear attached like stop sticks, not to mention electronics, relays, trunk boxes, cones, flares, vests, spare tire and so on. Very little room so a locking case like the Pelican makes sense. Hard wire? Cheap pair of Chinese dikes will take care of that. Coded trunk lid? Possible but I'm not aware of any vendors out there making retrofits to crown vic or charger lids.

They were secured as best as possible considering the limitations. I'd challenge others to do the same considering the parameters.